Gorgeous Rooster..Please Help me ID him!!!

BobbieJo81

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 28, 2013
This boy belongs to my neighbors (I know picture quality is not the best, they are a flighty flock and I was taking pictures from my window with zoom completely maxed and had to crop a few pics to get better close-ups). Anyways, the lighter hens(that look like they have some type of cream coloring) are the same breed(or def look like the hen version of the roo) and the darker hens are a different breed. The cream looking roo and hens are the ones I am curious about. The lay an egg that is very close to blue but I guess is technically still considered a green. The roo is a very good flock roo, a worrier and the hens and the roo are on the flighty side. I am trying to hatch out a few eggs from these guys and am very curious as to a breed. Oh, they are full size birds..the roo is double or close to triple the size of my banties.

Maybe Ameraucana / Easter Eggers? The girl does look like she could be a Wheaten Ameraucana, the boy isn't colored quite right for anything that I can tell, really light Blue Wheaten or maybe blue with a lot of leakage? . They do have pics on the website. http://www.ameraucana.org/scrapbook.html

Maybe Ameraucana / Easter Eggers? The girl does look like she could be a Wheaten Ameraucana, the boy isn't colored quite right for anything that I can tell, really light Blue Wheaten or maybe blue with a lot of leakage? . They do have pics on the website. http://www.ameraucana.org/scrapbook.html
The guy that owns him said he was an Ameraucana but he didn't look like any Ameraucanas that I saw so I thought he was wrong. He is BEAUTIFUL in person and I would love to get chicks that favor him or the cream colored hen.

**After looking at the pics on the site..he does resemble the Blue Wheaten, but where that bird is blue, this boy is almost a golden color(it reminds me of a palimino horse)

Last edited:
Probably EE
Im going to have to look that up, sadly there are only a few breeds that I know little about. Ive only had chickens for a little over a year and only dealt with Silkies and my little mutt black banties.

** Looked it up-- I feel stupid now...lol
hide.gif

Last edited:
Easter eggers. Various colors/patterns are possible including some that resemble Ameraucana colors (but aren't likely to breed true).

EE

Do the lady's look like this in the face ?????
No , that is what made me think they were wrong when saying they were Ameraucana because they dont even have a hint of the fluff.. The closest resemblance would be the girl with the light red head looking over the back of the girl looking right into the camera

Last edited:
They are still easter eggers with or without bearding although the buff hen looks to have a buff beard to me. Easter eggers are defined by egg color, nothing else, although they often bear a resemblance to Ameraucanas (which are bearded).

Quote:

If you look at this photo closely and you can tap on the photo with your pointer and click your mouse button and blow the photo up then look not all the EE's have muffs some have clean faces that is the thing about EE chickens as they are really mutts not a pure breed chicken mostly the slate legs but I d have a young pullet outside who looks to me to have some pinkish shanks instead of the slate colored shanks but a EE is a rather enjoyable chicken and produces different shades of green brown pinkish and bluish colored egg's

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom