Gory - hematomous oviduct?

Brigitt

Songster
6 Years
Jun 18, 2017
S-America
Sudden death of a pekin duck. No sign of any illness.
I wonder if anybody in the knowledgeable forum could help identify the following. I did a necropsy and found this:
IMG_20231023_212804.jpg

IMG_20231023_213014.jpg

IMG_20231023_213406.jpg

A bit scary... Could it be that a drake bothered the duck too much? Or is this some sort of illness?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks. Ok, I'll thaw it and cut through it, should've done it right away, but I don't know how to handle securely potentially suspicious material, apart from wearing gloves. If it's of any interest I can post a picture of it as soon as I've done it
Just clean up as usual afterwards. A good disinfectant and maybe incinerate the contents.
Please post pictures!
And so sorry you lost your duck.

So here's the cut up black mass. Through freezing and thawing it 'collapsed'. I guess it's not much of a help.
IMG_20231029_160632.jpg

I'd just like to rule out any infectious disease. I guess a tumor is just bad luck for the duck concerned but will not affect the others.

So here's the cut up black mass. Through freezing and thawing it 'collapsed'. I guess it's not much of a help.
View attachment 3670990
I'd just like to rule out any infectious disease. I guess a tumor is just bad luck for the duck concerned but will not affect the others.
Yeah it definitely looks like a tumor. The top part that looks cryptic is a giveaway. But I’m only going by pictures, so I can’t be 100% but I feel confident.

Back
Top Bottom