Gosling diarrhea

SouthernPride

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2011
Olive Branch, MS
I have 4 Canada goslings that I'm rehapping, they are 4 weeks old. One of them has started with some nasty diarrhea, clear water with chunks of yellow, eeew. It is not eating but will drink water. They are on 15% grower but I have backed down on the amount and give them plenty of grazing time. Today I noticed it shaking its head violently and water coming out, almost like regurgitation. Any ideas?

I have 4 Canada goslings that I'm rehapping, they are 4 weeks old. One of them has started with some nasty diarrhea, clear water with chunks of yellow, eeew. It is not eating but will drink water. They are on 15% grower but I have backed down on the amount and give them plenty of grazing time. Today I noticed it shaking its head violently and water coming out, almost like regurgitation. Any ideas?
How's it's crop look and feel? could it have eaten something that has possibly caused a blockage?

crop is small and feels empty. It is drinking a lot water, I've put some electrolytes in the water and dumped the pool to force it to drink it.
Another thing you could do is make a soupy mash out of it's feed to give it some food, more like water than food but if it's drinking it may drink this and just use the electrolyte water to make this up. Have you ever used a flush on a bird before? in the sticky's at the top of goose thread there is a link to toxin flush and the molasses one is the one most use.

Yoghurt doesn't work with geese. Their digestive system is different from ours; lactic acid bacteria isn't a part of their digestive system. Probably because they're not mammals.

Back
Top Bottom