Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Ok bycers! Ive 8 eggs in lockdown! They are wiggling already and i just cant wait the outcome of all these goslings! Colours etc. We can finally see what the babies of an brownAficanXand Embden will be! Im saying all babies of this cross will be brown!

Well found the goose..... On a nest of seven more eggs. She decided after I took her first 8 she still wanted to be a mommy. Silly girl glad she's okay though... Ima be so overflowing with goslings

It´s a canada goose, ruru.
Sorry livininbrazil hon it was very late last night when I posted that. Guess I did not read about it being Canada goose. I was up checking on my 3 eggs in the incubator. They are the ones I open the eggs up for them and then a little at a time taking more shell off and dried membrane. Finally went to bed because I was so tired. This morning one of the gosling has came out of the shell! YEA! It is a grey Sebastopol gosling. Have two more to come out of the shell. One has the shell further back and the other just has a hole that I put in for it but is doing nothing to crack it more. So I will be chipping more shell as the day goes by to wear it does not bleed.

Congrats on the recent hatches and best of luck for everyone's eggs in lockdown!! You guys are giving me gosling fever, but it will be another couple of weeks before my first scheduled hatch (under a broody).

[COLOR=0000FF]We now have 2 grey Sebastopol's hatch and drying in the incubator. The third one is still in the egg. Pictures will come after everyone is hatched and dried off.[/COLOR]
Congrats!!! Jealous! Were they shipped eggs? I've tried two different batches if shipped eggs and zero luck!! So happy for you!

You all guessed correctly! The top one is a little male, the bottom a female. The third egg hatched late last night, another little gander. So that's three for three on that batch. Not bad for shipped eggs and my first time hatching! Still waiting on the one that was due last friday the 4th. However, it looks like the veins are finally emptying so maybe soon.

Nooooo. Who's side are you on anyway?
lol.png

How do you know?
lol.png
I just ntoice that with my females, they have prettier eyes, and just look (although serv would claim otherwise) more feminine. This one has smaller eyes, and has a more bulky sort of head, and is a lighter colour, which doesn´t mean it´s definitely male, just points in that direction. To me.....
hahaha henny i like Malcom! Brazil are you thinking its turning male
big_smile.png
I don´t think Malevolent Milicent (love typing that!) is turning anything! It already is...but WHAT???? Looks a bit like a Mauling Malcom to me now, that´s all.
tongue.png

Sunday afternoon kip. (Squeaks and Storm) one week old.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom