Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Well found the goose..... On a nest of seven more eggs. She decided after I took her first 8 she still wanted to be a mommy. Silly girl glad she's okay though... Ima be so overflowing with goslings
Good you found the goose and she´s ok. Smart goose. has she mated with a domestic gander or a wild one?
Sorry livininbrazil hon it was very late last night when I posted that. Guess I did not read about it being Canada goose. I was up checking on my 3 eggs in the incubator. They are the ones I open the eggs up for them and then a little at a time taking more shell off and dried membrane. Finally went to bed because I was so tired. This morning one of the gosling has came out of the shell! YEA! It is a grey Sebastopol gosling. Have two more to come out of the shell. One has the shell further back and the other just has a hole that I put in for it but is doing nothing to crack it more. So I will be chipping more shell as the day goes by to wear it does not bleed.
Yes, i figured you were rather busy. I also forget who has what, who said what on here, as you´ve probably noticed!
lol.png
Great about your gozzies now. How lovely.

I will check my eggs tonight. They are due to hatch next week. One of my girls appears to have gone broody. She is on 8 eggs. She was off the nest for maybe an hour. While she was off she kept throwing leaves and sticks around her like building a nest. I think she is broody!

Brazil remmber my first 2 goslings i had 2 weeks ago! Well one of their beaks(chip) is getting alot lighter and purple! Does that mean it will get an orange beak!

I will check my eggs tonight. They are due to hatch next week. One of my girls appears to have gone broody. She is on 8 eggs. She was off the nest for maybe an hour. While she was off she kept throwing leaves and sticks around her like building a nest. I think she is broody!
smashin'!!
Brazil remmber my first 2 goslings i had 2 weeks ago! Well one of their beaks(chip) is getting alot lighter and purple! Does that mean it will get an orange beak!
Certainly sounds like it! Or pinkish?

The mother goose (B.Chinese/embden) has avery cool looking beak! Its orangy yellow near its knoc area and then down it has a rose colour beak with a black beam and black specks all over its beak

Hahaha i wont be promising good pics haha shes shy so its a challange! Oh and this week three of my geese that were brooding will have their babies! :)

Ok ive a question byc buds
How long can a goose egg go without being watered since im trying not to open the incubator while 8 are in lockdown so i wont have a chance to mist my eggs so im wondering will they surive five or 4 day without misting ?! :/

Back
Top Bottom