Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Different problem. I think Jasper is a goose not a gander. :barnie
Jasper's neck is thicker, and body is a tiny bit smaller than Snow. But Snow has the deeper honk while Jasper still squeeks. I took a decent pic of them side by side I'll post later because......

I think Cream is a gander not a goose! :he
Cream has a longer neck, bigger body, puts its body between others and Peaches. I called the feedstore we brought them at. They said they would make good, since I brought 2 female, and appear to have a male. But to wait a couple more days before coming in. I'll try for pics of Peaches and Cream for you guys to look at when I post Jasper and Snow's pics later tonight.

If Cream is a gander, do I take him back to the feedstore? I was told they wouldn't take him back, but what if they want to see "him"? I know they will order me a female African to make good and that it will be a day old gosling. Has anyone gone through this? Any advice?

Oh no. That's a difficult one. I think I would be to attached to take him back.
What's the worst case scenario? You end up with a spare gander?

Next week I'm picking up some ducks. A lady needs to re-home 1 black crested and 3 white crested females along with 1 Peking drake. I'm not crazy about a drake though. My moms old mallard scared the crap outta me as a child. That drake terrorized me until he bit my mother, we had duck dinner that night!
These are supposed to be hand raised and chicken friendly already, and they are teenagers, mating but no eggs yet.

Can the ducks be housed with the geese? Can I feed them the flock raiser? Are there any specific details I need to know about ducks?

Last edited:
That makes sense I suppose. They could pick up anything out in the world couldn't they? If you do have a gander you could always get 1 more goose. :D If you haven't the room there is always re homing him.

Well I do want 2 ganders, I'm pretty sure Snow is a gander, if Jasper is also the extra males have to go. I don't have the room. I'll have the pen we built, and the retrofitted chicken coop. In an emergency I can house someone in my hubbies shop or my garage but not permanently. So 2 ganders and their "ahem cough" harem "cough" of females. Lol.

My husband wants to have Christmas goose this year if I have an extra male. And who ends up in the pot is on me! Which sucks. I love them all! Maybe I can send it to my sisters, she already has 2 from me. What I believe is a male female pair. Lol don't tell the hubby.

Last edited:
Could be. Anything to do with being male/female? Mmmmm seems to be growing slower than Moose but Mmmmm has been outside for a while now and could just look smaller next to Moose.
Potty chicken sounds about right. Her mother is neurotic too! They were more of an experimental hatch. New incubator, let's see what happens when we cross all these chickens
lol.png

She's pretty though so at least she has her looks, a bit like Mmmmm!
Ahem. It's Mmmmm actually!
wink.png

Mmmmm!
lol.png

I think they're the most handsomest gooses that ever was! But that's just because I'm biased!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
lol.png

That's even better saying Mmmmm!
smile.png
lol.png

Well she has made a liar out of me again, she must have just stayed in her house laying her egg most of yesterday. Egg looks good and so does she. But I will not even say she is broody again until I see goslings
hmm.png
I quit guessing.
th.gif

Does anyone else hum when they spell Mmmmmmmmmmm! XD
Uhuh...... Uhuh, uhuh..(foot-tappin').....Mmmmmmmmmmm
Snow just bit me! Jasper was right beside me, I guess I surprised him when I picked him up and he squeezed. Snow came charging with head down and got my blue jeans! There is no doubt he is a gander.
Grief, you´ll have your hands full if he´s started already! have fun!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom