Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Next week I'm picking up some ducks. A lady needs to re-home 1 black crested and 3 white crested females along with 1 Peking drake. I'm not crazy about a drake though. My moms old mallard scared the crap outta me as a child. That drake terrorized me until he bit my mother, we had duck dinner that night!
These are supposed to be hand raised and chicken friendly already, and they are teenagers, mating but no eggs yet.

Can the ducks be housed with the geese? Can I feed them the flock raiser? Are there any specific details I need to know about ducks?

Don't know if anyone's answered this yet but I used to keep a group of Call Ducks with my geese. They got along GREAT til one of the drakes grew up and started chasing my ganders! Here's this itty bitty duck totally terrorizing these enormous geese! It was funny at first but it became a real problem so I sold the little buggar. My ducks have always gotten along great with my chickens too and he was the only one I ever had that was nasty to anything else in the yard. Oh and yes...Flock Raiser is great for ducks...plus treats of course!

Flop the ducks new girlfriend is home! She is a chocolate runner. Flop is Pekin x runner but looks like a pekin. To my surprise, he may have brain damage but i guess like most men he thinks with his "little brain" cause he was trying breed her right away and pretty well had the basics down lol
lau.gif
You're too funny! It is true though!

Better than at my place, where I have a holy terror drake who runs certain geese of mine around. I wish the ganders would beat the crap out of him.

I just saw this....just like the little duck I talked about above! He was a nightmare! I'd say "Get him Glenn, GET HIM!" But no....the geese would just scream bloody murder and RUN FOR THEIR LIVES!!! lol

I just saw this....just like the little duck I talked about above! He was a nightmare! I'd say "Get him Glenn, GET HIM!" But no....the geese would just scream bloody murder and RUN FOR THEIR LIVES!!! lol
The only duck problem I have around here is my scovie drake... Squishy has tore into him several times but it doesn't stop the drake. Last time Squishy got the drake it was because the drake was heading for me. Scovies are currently grounded
he.gif
no roaming for them. Good thing I like big pens.

Well I do want 2 ganders, I'm pretty sure Snow is a gander, if Jasper is also the extra males have to go. I don't have the room. I'll have the pen we built, and the retrofitted chicken coop. In an emergency I can house someone in my hubbies shop or my garage but not permanently. So 2 ganders and their "ahem cough" harem "cough" of females. Lol.

My husband wants to have Christmas goose this year if I have an extra male. And who ends up in the pot is on me! Which sucks. I love them all! Maybe I can send it to my sisters, she already has 2 from me. What I believe is a male female pair. Lol don't tell the hubby.

Lol uh oh! You'd better tell Snow to behave if he wants to see next breeding season!

Iain sorry to here a likely skunk raided your whites nest!
But lets hope no eggs are duds and that they will hatch :) ( White africans and also toulouse)

Back
Top Bottom