Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

Discussion in 'Geese' started by nate1the1great1, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    Dang 8, sorry to hear of your run of bad luck and losses. Hope you build your group back up with lots of hatching this season.

2. devinandfeather

devinandfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2014
    Australia, Perth
    Thanks serv

which ones are which though

3. bekkanblue

bekkanblue Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    SE Iowa
    [​IMG] So sorry to hear about your geese. Dog attacks on livestock are the worst. If you ever want Pilgrim eggs let me know and I'll send you some!

4. Thank you all for the condolences. I guess i will build my ducks up for now with these eggs i just set and hope that mine start laying soon. As much as the geese have been traumatized this year they may not lay at all. If not i will get some eggs from lain or buy some goslings.

5. Thank you bekkanblue, i will keep you in mind if/when i decide

6. psue

psue Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2012
    So sorry 8 HUGS!!!!

7. Thanks psue

8. Chrysolinsbirds

Chrysolinsbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2013
    Merced county, CA
    Poor geese =(

9. Chrysolinsbirds

Chrysolinsbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2013
    Merced county, CA
    8/9 eggs are doing well hopefully have goslings next week maybe a bit later I was worried for awhile because my bator temp was going down twenty degrees everynight till I moved it back into my kitchen. I think I will stick these back under their mother whose been setting my duck eggs till there was room in the bator. She's been on that nest for a month it's time to reward all her hard work. I was trying to keep her laying but she was determined to sit the empty nest so I gave her the duck eggs . Next time I'll just let her do her thing. I was worried about her first time but now I know better (she's my first goose since I was a child)

10. bekkanblue

bekkanblue Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    SE Iowa
    *Four* eggs this morning! 2 in a sort of nest in the chicken coop, then 2 others randomly laying in the sheep pen and near a gate. Too cool. Now the daily egg hunt is even MORE fun! Just a little bit. [​IMG]

And I can fit 5 in a Mini Eco so I'm going to do that and see what they look like in a week. If they're clear the barn cats will like them just as much. Now to pen them up proper with their own stock tanks. The sheep are getting tired of theirs being used as a daily pool party!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by