Got 10+ new birds. No eggs...

Hopefully the flock she got rid of aren’t egg eaters! The rollout nest boxes will take care of that problem though. Are the roosts above the nest boxes and can the hens easily get to them, like a step or box to hop on so they don’t have yo try to fly way up to the roost.

Hopefully the flock she got rid of aren’t egg eaters! The rollout nest boxes will take care of that problem though. Are the roosts above the nest boxes and can the hens easily get to them, like a step or box to hop on so they don’t have yo try to fly way up to the roost.
They are stair stepped branches. They should be reachable

I've probably been scaring them bc I laid like300 lbs of drainage rock into their coop bc we've had terrible mud bc of the rains here. May have scared them.
Changes - like adding new birds and changing something in the set up - can all throw birds off laying. Have you used rock before in your run? It's not a great idea in most set ups - hard on their feet, and impossible to clean once poop starts getting in there and breaking down.

Changes - like adding new birds and changing something in the set up - can all throw birds off laying. Have you used rock before in your run? It's not a great idea in most set ups - hard on their feet, and impossible to clean once poop starts getting in there and breaking down.
This is a drainage rock. It allows water to slip between and under and its doing great with the poo. I just hose it down and it's good as new. We have VERY HARD ground here in Texas where I am and when it rains it holds water. So I've made sort of a makeshift run off of water/water poo into my garden. 2 for 1 lol

Back
Top Bottom