Got 10+ new birds. No eggs...

Hopefully the flock she got rid of arenā€™t egg eaters! The rollout nest boxes will take care of that problem though. Are the roosts above the nest boxes and can the hens easily get to them, like a step or box to hop on so they donā€™t have yo try to fly way up to the roost.

Hopefully the flock she got rid of arenā€™t egg eaters! The rollout nest boxes will take care of that problem though. Are the roosts above the nest boxes and can the hens easily get to them, like a step or box to hop on so they donā€™t have yo try to fly way up to the roost.
They are stair stepped branches. They should be reachable

I've probably been scaring them bc I laid like300 lbs of drainage rock into their coop bc we've had terrible mud bc of the rains here. May have scared them.
Changes - like adding new birds and changing something in the set up - can all throw birds off laying. Have you used rock before in your run? It's not a great idea in most set ups - hard on their feet, and impossible to clean once poop starts getting in there and breaking down.

Changes - like adding new birds and changing something in the set up - can all throw birds off laying. Have you used rock before in your run? It's not a great idea in most set ups - hard on their feet, and impossible to clean once poop starts getting in there and breaking down.
This is a drainage rock. It allows water to slip between and under and its doing great with the poo. I just hose it down and it's good as new. We have VERY HARD ground here in Texas where I am and when it rains it holds water. So I've made sort of a makeshift run off of water/water poo into my garden. 2 for 1 lol

Back
Top Bottom