Got a free rooster need help to tell what it is.

Fisherlmiranda

Songster
Feb 25, 2018
Morrow, Ohio
You guys helped me when I got a bunch of free hens. Now I picked up a free rooster and I need help again! I picked up a free mobile coop that needed a new roof but that's easy enough. I'm proud of my free chicken operation. The hens are already laying in the nesting boxes! And I'm gonna slap a new tin roof on it today. Had the tin roof already. And picked up some outdoor paint on the mis-tinted shelf at home depot for $5.00. It's a deep red color which is exactly what I wanted so Amen! This is all a surprise for my grandpa. Hes wanted chickens for years and always said he doesn't have the money to spend on him self. He buys so much for everyone and never spends money on himself. I dont have alot of money but I'm resourceful! So I've been pulling at all my resources to put this gift together for him! My grandma is in on it and is so excited for me to give it to him soon!
20190813_110753.jpg
20190813_111301.jpg

Easter Egger cockerel/rooster. On a side note you may want to be careful with the paint. Chickens tend to peck at and eat painted wood so it's usually a good idea to use specialized coop paint if you can. I think another reason people use coop paint is that it's low-voc and non-toxic. Since you're going to be eating their eggs and all its i good idea to play it cautious

Easter Egger cockerel/rooster. On a side note you may want to be careful with the paint. Chickens tend to peck at and eat painted wood so it's usually a good idea to use specialized coop paint if you can. I think another reason people use coop paint is that it's low-voc and non-toxic. Since you're going to be eating their eggs and all its i good idea to play it cautious
Ok, I've never seen anything labeled coop paint. Where can I get it?

Ok, I've never seen anything labeled coop paint. Where can I get it?

I used regular latex paint rated for outdoor use. They were right there while I painted and no one tried to taste test it.

I did keep my paint pan on the ladder just to keep feet out of it. :p

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom