Got a laptop.. *mini-rant*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LittleChickenLady, Dec 25, 2011.

1. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    And we went to turn it on, and it has a dead pixel.. [​IMG]

For most people it probably wouldn't be an issue, but for us techie people, it's a big deal. Now we're planning to take it back tomorrow, and hope they'll exchange it. Apparently one or two dead pixels isn't usually a valid reason to get a new one, but the way I see it, if we spent close to $1,000 on something, it better be in perfect condition.

*sigh*

2. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

agreed!

3. happytraylz

happytraylz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Southern Maine
    Sorry to hear about your pixel issue.. I would rant too! When you spend enough money on something new, you want it to be perfect. At least til the kids or critters get near it. [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] Even my cheapo inspiron mini has all its pixels! [​IMG]

5. artsy1

artsy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2011
    sarasota
    you'll get an exchange, if you didn't use it.

6. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    I don't blame you...I'd constantly be staring at that spot so it would drive me crazy!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  7. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    Yeah, but they will tell you that there has to be so many dead pixels within a certain area before they will consider it defective. At least the company that I did tech support for did. But if you used a credit card to buy it, you can dispute it.

8. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Oh, that really stinks! [​IMG] I have the same problem with my PSP... Just one tiny dead pixel and you basically stare at it the entire time, and it's just not the same as if it actually had all of its pixels.

9. LiLRedCV

LiLRedCV Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Land of the Rain
    Good luck with the lines tomorrow! They'll be long at the returns line, I'm sure. [​IMG] Depending on where it was purchased, they may tell you to send it back to the manufacturer for the warranty. [​IMG]

10. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    Quote:Yeah, we know. We figured we'd probably have to throw a bit of a fit to get a new one.. which I hate doing.. but there's no reason for a brand new laptop to have dead pixels. [​IMG] [​IMG]

We literally did nothing to it but took it out of the box and plugged it in. As soon as my SO turned it on he noticed it..

If all else fails I guess we could always just return it and go to the same store in a different city and buy it again. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by