Got a laptop.. *mini-rant*

LittleChickenLady

Songster
8 Years
Mar 4, 2011
Clanton, Alabama
And we went to turn it on, and it has a dead pixel..
th.gif

For most people it probably wouldn't be an issue, but for us techie people, it's a big deal. Now we're planning to take it back tomorrow, and hope they'll exchange it. Apparently one or two dead pixels isn't usually a valid reason to get a new one, but the way I see it, if we spent close to $1,000 on something, it better be in perfect condition.

*sigh*

Sorry to hear about your pixel issue.. I would rant too! When you spend enough money on something new, you want it to be perfect. At least til the kids or critters get near it.
gig.gif

Yeah, but they will tell you that there has to be so many dead pixels within a certain area before they will consider it defective. At least the company that I did tech support for did. But if you used a credit card to buy it, you can dispute it.

Oh, that really stinks!
hugs.gif
I have the same problem with my PSP... Just one tiny dead pixel and you basically stare at it the entire time, and it's just not the same as if it actually had all of its pixels.

Good luck with the lines tomorrow! They'll be long at the returns line, I'm sure.
ep.gif
Depending on where it was purchased, they may tell you to send it back to the manufacturer for the warranty.
hmm.png

Quote:
Yeah, we know. We figured we'd probably have to throw a bit of a fit to get a new one.. which I hate doing.. but there's no reason for a brand new laptop to have dead pixels.
rant.gif
somad.gif

We literally did nothing to it but took it out of the box and plugged it in. As soon as my SO turned it on he noticed it..

If all else fails I guess we could always just return it and go to the same store in a different city and buy it again.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom