got a xcellent global mini incubator for Christmas. first incubator

Thanks I've never hatched chicks before this is my first incubator I've got 7 eggs in it right now currently on day 5 I believe

I ordered a candler can't wait for it to come in should be here Tuesday which should be day 8

If the incubator is not turning the eggs are you turning them? Turning is critical during the first two of incubation to stop the embryo sticking to the inside of the shell and to get the nutrients moving around the egg to the embryo. They should be turned at least 3 times per day Allthough more is better. Always an odd numbers of times so when they are left on a bed time for you they are not left in the same position for two nights running.

I turn them its just they incubate standing up pointy end down so wasn't sure how to turn them but yes I am turning them at least 3 times a day

I turn them its just they incubate standing up pointy end down so wasn't sure how to turn them but yes I am turning them at least 3 times a day

Can you tilt them left to right so they are not straight up and down? Maybe wedge something in there to hold them at an angle? That is how you would 'turn' them if they are held upright, don't turn the eggs upside down...

Back
Top Bottom