Got eggs & Zucchini - these patties are the best!

So i can use summer squash instead of Zucchini for this recipe then? *never heard of golden Zucchini..off to google it..*

Thanks for the link Terrie. And..i'm stealing the shredded taters idea! That sounds soooo good! I'm making these this weekend with summer squash and the taters..
droolin.gif

Quote:
Not real big eggplant eater but might work. May be grill first for some added flavor and to reduce liquid.

I was thinking this morning about making these using spinach (squeezed so not too much moisture) instead of zucchini - maybe some chopped mushrooms for good measure. All in all I think the basic egg cheese mixture could go well with a lot of things - but the zucchini is still our over all favorite.

Sandee

I don't know about the shredded baked potato, but growing up we make similar "tater cakes" using left over mashed potatoes. Mom would add diced onion and flour to the left over mashed potatoes and fry them like the zuccini cakes. They were some good eating!

This recipe was a just a bit different from my old zucchini pattie recipe and I had to try it. It was a hit.

Can I ask about your photo of the frozen shredded zucchini, please. Do you pack it firmly? And, how do you get it to come out of the measuring cup so nice?

Thanks for sharing your recipe.

prairiegirl

Quote:
I don't pack it hard but just enough to fill the cup firmly. Then I just turn the cup over close to the baking sheet and shake it a bit and it just comes out. Zucchini is kind of slippery and it just seems to come out.

I think I mentioned before - once they are frozen then I wrap in wax paper (plastic wrap would probably work too just haven't tried it) then transfer to Food Saver bag and vacuum the air out they will keep for a year.

I want to try the recipe using cream cheese like others have recommended.

Happy Cooking

Sandee

I'm going to make and freeze some of these today. Do you prefer a certain color of onion with them? I can see where that would make a difference and I always like to try a recipe the way it was written before adding my own twists to it. I am going to try half the batch with flour and half with bread crumbs though.

Back
Top Bottom