1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Got leftover bread cubes? Breakfast recipe AND INCLUDES EGGS

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by welsummerchicks, Nov 24, 2010.

1. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Here is a great recipe, that also works for stale bread(10 slices, with crusts cut off - butter one side, cut into thirds and line the baking dish with them, put cheese on top, pour in the milk-egg mixture, top with some slices with the butter side up).

Fits in an ungreased 9 inch square glass dish, and feeds 6.

Mainly bread cubes, eggs, cheese, milk, butter.

Take one 12-oz bag of plain dried bread cubes, and put in on a metal cookie sheet with sides or a jelly roll sheet. Drizzle the bread cubes with melted butter from 1/2 a stick of butter. Toast at 350 degrees for ten or fifteen minutes. They should only darken slightly, to a nice golden color.

Grate about a half pound of your favorite cheese, to make two cups of grated cheese. Swiss, cheddar, mozarella all work.

Layer the bread cubes and cheese in the square glass dish.

In a bowl, beat 4 eggs and 2 1/2 cups of milk together. Add a teaspoon or worchestershire sauce (soy sauce for non-meat-atarians), a teaspoon of salt, 1/8 a teaspoon of pepper, and a dask of powdered red pepper. You can also add fresh chopped parsley to this mixture.

Pour this mixture evenly over the cheese and bread cubes. Let it sit overnight in the refridgerator. Cook in the morning for 1 1/4 hrs in a preheated 325 degree oven. Let stand 5 min before serving.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Well dang it Welsummerchicks................ya made my tummy grumble and I am not a breakfast eater [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by