Got my babies today! 5.5 week pics pg 4 (dial up warning!)

Adorable!
love.gif

Two weeks old!
big_smile.png
All 30 are still with us, although one of the black Silkies has an odd foot. I noticed it after I had them a couple of days. He/she looks like it actually has SIX toes on that foot and it doesn't quite bend at the right spots. Since I did get these babies for eventual breeding, I know I SHOULD cull it, but of course it is turning out to be the sweetest one so far.
roll.png
I will probably rehome him/her when the time comes. I will try to get pics of the weird foot soon.

Other than a little pasty butt on a few of the babies, they are doing great! I've got several frizzles, and some of my "red" cochins are turning into something other than red! They are getting really dark spots on thier wings, I can't wait to see what they turn out like. Plus, I know I have a blue or splash Silkie as well. I love watching them change!

One of the reds with darker spots. Any color guesses?
cochin003.jpg

Chicks in the h00d!
chicks2weeks013.jpg

chicks2weeks012.jpg

chicks2weeks010.jpg

I'm ready for my closeup!
chicks2weeks008.jpg

Am I not fabulous???
chicks2weeks009.jpg

Oh yea, the stuffed animal was tossed, hahaha!

Thanks for asking, gardenerd! They are doing great! They moved up to a bigger brooder, as they were outgrowing that one pretty quick. They are fixing to outgrow this one too, but they are moving outside in two weeks anyway, so I figure they can deal until then. I am beginning to tell the different sexes on the cochins for sure, and kinda sorta on one or two silkies. I'm keeping them all for now, though! I will only rehome some of the roos once there is fighting. Because of course, I"m in love with all of them. They are developing the cutest personalties!

I will upload some pics later.
smile.png

Well, I decided to upload them now!

They are about 5.5 weeks in these pics. The babies will be 7 weeks old on Tuesday.

Splash Silkie (no clue on sex, leaning towards roo) Name is Blue
5weekchick011-1.jpg

Buff Silkie (no clue on sex, leaning towards hen) No name yet
5weekchick013-1.jpg

Red Cochin hen I believe, no name yet
5weekchick019.jpg

Black frizzle cochin hen we think, name is Coalbird
5weekchick020.jpg

Blue silkie leaning towards roo. Also the smallest baby, named Penguin
5weekchick005.jpg

And here is Fabulous! Hes the same bird as in my avatar (and the picture above.) LOVE this little guy!
5weekchick047.jpg

Just to show a few. I could upload all 30 of them if you'd like.
wink.png

Well of COURSE we would like!!! what sweet, beautiful babies! i'm a sucker for the blues. it will take forever for you to sex the silkies. Some say (and this is no joke) that you'll be able to tell when it lays or crows! they're wonderful pics!!!!

Thanks! They are all so sweet, but I can't wait for them to go outside. The DUST is horrible!!! Also, once they get in the run, I will be able to go mingle with them in thier area vs. pulling them out one at a time. I am worried about the cold though.
sad.png
It's been warm here lately, and thier coop is really well insulated, but I worry!

I actually have a buff silkie that already has a REALLY red comb and wattles. So I'm pretty sure he's a boy. And one of the white ones is getting a little red in the comb. The others are pretty much still not developed, but I know I can't be so lucky to get 8 hens and only 2 roos out of the 10 silkies!

The cochins are a little roo heavy, so maybe I can get lucky with the silkies. Either way, I am keeping as many of them as I can!

Back
Top Bottom