Got my chicks today!! Pic heavy

silkiesandbuffs

Songster
10 Years
Jul 4, 2009
Weatherford, Texas
Well my order from Ideal came this morning!!!
celebrate.gif
All of the chicks are happy, healthy and I must say adorable! They were a little weak when they arrived but I suspect that was just from the heat. They are now running around and peeping their little heads off. Haven't lost one yet and I don't think I will. Just had to share the news!

Here are the babies:

"Oh look it's food!"
35969_chicks_005.jpg

"Can we come in???"
35969_chicks_011.jpg

All of the babies
35969_chicks_034.jpg

One of the little silkies
35969_chicks_006.jpg

Last edited:
hey can any of you tell me if I should help this chick out of its egg? I had one hatch last night and this other egg has been moving around a lot the last couple days. I can hear it peeping but it has not made any holes or cracks in the shell! can any one tell me what I should do? I also have 5 other eggs in the bator but have not seen any movement in them at all.

Cute Babies!!!

what kind of chicks did you order?

For the Newbie regarding the hatching question - Hope you posted about it on the incubation.hatching area.

Caroline

Quote:
Thanks! I ordered 5 Silkies of all varieties, 2 Cochins one buff and one barred, and 3 speckled sussex. They added 6 barred rock "males for warmth" though. All of the chicks are doing really well considering the heat. I knew it would be a risk ordering this late but they are doing great!

Back
Top Bottom