Got new coop set up! Pictures Added!

Morgan7782

Dense Egg Goo
9 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Sacramento CA
YAY! I got my new coop set up! It fits PERFECT where I had wanted it to, along with the run. The new girls are outside for good now yaaaay! They are happy to have all the room. No more cramped apartment lol!

Munk and Joon are watching from a distance as their younger sisters get their bearings.

Here is the coop
big_smile.png

Coop2001.jpg

Coop2003.jpg

Coop2008.jpg

Inhabitants
Coop2004.jpg

Coop2005.jpg

Coop2011.jpg

My helper
Coop2013.jpg

Joon chasing away my help!
Coop2022.jpg

Coop2020.jpg

Coop2023.jpg

Big Coop and Little Coop
Coop2002.jpg

Coop2010.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all! It was actually from a great lady, it is an ebay coop kit. It was put together and very easy to move, will work perfect for an urban backyard such as my own. I have chicken wire netting between the two trees as you can see, that's enough a deterrent for my older girls not to make a try for the fencing. I am so excited. This is my first chicken coop EVER. The one I use for Munk and Joon is a dog crate transformed to coop, works great for 2 girls but of course I needed more!

So I have a current flock of six, soon to be four. Two Wyandottes will be going to a WONDERFUL new home with some very handsom roosters
big_smile.png
this week sometime. My permanant flock will consist of:

Butternut - 9 week old Splash Wyandotte
Chandler - 9 week old Blue Wyandotte
Munk - 13 week old Easter Egger
Joon - 13 week old Barred Plymouth Rock

Hopefully all are pullets, I am sure with Munk and Joon, but we shall see on the Wyandottes. They love their new home, and will have a good first night outside. I am keeping the Wyandottes in seperate coop/pen for a week or so, then Munk and Joon can adjust easily I hope.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Great-looking coop - congrats. I've heard that urban chicken-keeping is on the upswing. Do you have any trouble with neighbors about noise or smell?

No I aimed for breeds that tend to be quieter and do better in confinement. Nobody as of yet is too loud, more gentle clucking then anything. All my neighbors are DEAF, no offense they are wonderful people but very hard of hearing. The guy to my left has two horribly yappy dogs, and they go at the fence and my dog constantly. We also rent our home, and our landlords knew the plan from day one, and they are excited for eggs and giving me all kinds of tips regarding gardens and chicken poop. It's great.

I am an illegal urban outfitter too, chickens are not allowed in city limits yet, but we are working on it! So far all is good. I planted Jasmin on two sides of my run, so it just smells like Jasmin way more then any hint of chickens. No bad smell yet.
smile.png
I love chickens and am so glad to be able to own them again. I spent a wonderful day at the place I got my coop from, and we just sat around talking about chickens. It was great. I am glad to have people who share and UNDERSTAND the obsession!

As my new truck decal says "Chickens are like potato chips. You can never have just one!" Amen to that hehe

Back
Top Bottom