got some duck eggs.. bad news.. sorry all.. :(....

shmooborp

artistic fowlism
16 Years
Mar 28, 2008
Yamhill County, Oregon
the po killed my potential duck eggs .. but atleast i saved a few.. here is my unpacking prosses photos..

duckeggshipment1002.jpg

duckeggshipment1003.jpg

duckeggshipment1004.jpg

duckeggshipment1005.jpg

duckeggshipment1006.jpg

duckeggshipment1007.jpg

duckeggshipment1008.jpg

duckeggshipment1010.jpg

duckeggshipment1011.jpg

duckeggshipment1012.jpg

duckeggshipment1013.jpg

and heres the ones that made it
smile.png

duckeggshipment1014.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, yes, and this has made me not want to even order eggs from ppl. Not because of them but because of the sorry postal system that we all have.

I ordered 13 eggs and when I got them oalmost half were cracked and in the end I had to throw them all away due to the rough handling with the PO.
barnie.gif

I can;t stand the postal system because when you call them over their wrong doing they are like "not us, we would never do a thing like that" BALONIE!!!

If I ever decide to order eggs from someone, I will ask them not to mark the box with "Fragile" or "Breakables" or anything to that matter. I will just have them to send them unmarked, due to the fact that it sends a red flag to some postal worker thats may be having a bad day. :mad:

So sorry you had this to happen to you. I hope the eggs you managed to save weren't messed up with the rough handling.

wow! dang! i candled the eggs befor i put them in to check for unseen cracks.. and i noticed that alll of them had scrambled airsacks... so who knows if anything will happens.. but the sender that i got them from was AWESOME... a+ om communication!

:mad:
sad.png
I've had this happen a few times now. I did get 2 EE chicks out of one set I had paid $18 for. I also got zero to hatch out of a $16 (3 broken eggs and the rest had scrambled yolks
sad.png
) and a $15 set:( (none broken but yolks all scrambled) I swapped for some and got 3 chicks out of 12 eggs which is the best I have ever gotten out of shipped eggs before:) I'm not giving up hope yet but I have learned that hatch rates are not so great on shipped eggs.

i was pretty bumbed... and al the airsacs look un happy.. mostlikly the yolks are scrambled up.. i will candle on monday to see ifi can see anything..

I got to give you the name of the guy on ebay where i bought my duck eggs. He is a packing genius. Took me about thirty minutes to unwrap 14 eggs, not one cracked and 11 out of 14 developing.
But i got eggs like that before. There is hope for the remaining eggs though. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom