Got the squat scared out of me!

Matejka

Free Ranging
I have 6 11 week old chicks and 1 10 month old cornish x (big mama, who gives me 3 eggs a week.
Yesterday, I get them out to range for the day. The 6 have decided to prowl the tall uncut pasture. I cleaned coop, opened all the doors and removed poop trays, left left everything open.
After returning from playing dominoes, I see NO BIRDS. I usually go out right at dusk, they're ready to be cooped.
Since I knew, I had to close everything, and probably walk high grass to find birds, I went out 30 minutes early.
NO BIRDS, started calling checking barn stalls, nothing (not even big mama) checked all 5 barns. Then calf pen...
NOTHING!
I start to panic, big mama is slow and never Travels far.
Gonna have to walk the pasture, so I go back towards coop, to get everything closed, except pop door.
Still calling and checking each barn stall carefully.
NOTHING!
Almost full dark
Go to close side door on coop, and all 6 chicks on roost in coop.
Big mama on her roost on ground.
Got my exercise for tha day.

I have 6 11 week old chicks and 1 10 month old cornish x (big mama, who gives me 3 eggs a week.
Yesterday, I get them out to range for the day. The 6 have decided to prowl the tall uncut pasture. I cleaned coop, opened all the doors and removed poop trays, left left everything open.
After returning from playing dominoes, I see NO BIRDS. I usually go out right at dusk, they're ready to be cooped.
Since I knew, I had to close everything, and probably walk high grass to find birds, I went out 30 minutes early.
NO BIRDS, started calling checking barn stalls, nothing (not even big mama) checked all 5 barns. Then calf pen...
NOTHING!
I start to panic, big mama is slow and never Travels far.
Gonna have to walk the pasture, so I go back towards coop, to get everything closed, except pop door.
Still calling and checking each barn stall carefully.
NOTHING!
Almost full dark
Go to close side door on coop, and all 6 chicks on roost in coop.
Big mama on her roost on ground.
Got my exercise for tha day.
Good thing you found them!

Back
Top Bottom