Got these 6 at Tractor Supply

meeko626

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 4, 2015
These are our first chicks and we got the random pulleys at tractor supply. Any idea what they are? The people there said they are all cold hardy and lay brown eggs.

I agree, they look like Red sex links since the little feathers on the tips of the wings are a light color

If you have one that we cant see that is growing in dark red or brownish red feathers them it would be a Production Red

I have the same from TSC. They are Isa Browns otherwise known as golden comets. Very cold hardy and excellent egg layers. Mine are very friendly too. :)

Red Sex Links are marketed by hatcheries under a lot of different labels including Red Star, Golden Comet, Isa Brown, Gold Star, Gold Sex Link, Brown Sex Link, Cinnamon Queen, Bovans Brown, Golden Buff, Shaver Brown, Babcock Brown, Warrens, Hyline Brown, Goldline, Lohmans Brown, Red Shaver, Brown Shaver, Bovans Goldline, etc., but no matter what label they are marketed under they are all produced by crossing a red gene rooster (RIR, NH, or PR) with a silver gene hen (RIW, SLW, Delaware, Light Sussex, or silver factor WPR), and no matter what label they are sold under, they are all egg laying machines, outlaying either parent breed. It's one of the interesting quirks of hybridization.

Back
Top Bottom