Got today new baby chick from TSC

Usually electrolytes, such as SaveAChick, or a couple of drops of Poultry NutriDrench can help to boost them. A little wet chick feed or egg can help as well. Encourage them to eat and drink by dipping it’s beak.

Usually electrolytes, such as SaveAChick, or a couple of drops of Poultry NutriDrench can help to boost them. A little wet chick feed or egg can help as well. Encourage them to eat and drink by dipping it’s beak.
Did you mean cooked egg?

I am wondering if i need to put anything on a 5 day old chicks bum he developed pasty butt, i got it all cleaned off and wanted to know what what to put in the skin it got some in the tummy .I also have been giving ground oatmeal in ground chick starter.These chicks are very tiny bantams .one passed away an hour after I got them .I also got Poultry Drench yesterday.
Regards Judy Mayes

Sometimes I mix chick starter crumble with raw egg to moisten it. I wouldn't mix in oatmeal into your starter though - that will reduce the nutrition. You can also feed raw egg yolk but discard after 4 hrs so it doesn't go bad.

Back
Top Bottom