Got two useless cabinets I'm thinking .... Chicken coop ????

bahamas

Songster
10 Years
Jan 16, 2010
Hey guts i've got two old useless cabinets not outside for a while. I want to turn them into coops for when i get more chickens. Can someone please help me i'll post some pics of the cabinets tomorrow they have three doors each with excellent space. Maybe merge the two to make a big coop.

Well ... where's the pictures?
pop.gif
So what are you thinking about doing? If you are going to leave all of those doors in it you need to make sure the close tightly and that you can secure them so a predator can't get in.

Remember that most modern cabinets do not do well when rained-on. The majority these days are made of mdf or similar compressed-fiber materials, which will swell and sag (often *badly*) when wet; even actual solid wood cabinets can have problems, because of the boards being thin enough that they warp and twist. So if this is a typical cabinet, it is probably not a great candidate for outdoor use. At the very least, prime and paint WELL (several thin coats, not one or two thick coats) and check frequently as time goes by for any sign of weakening that could lead to predators being able to get in.

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

thanx guys my compu's acting up pics r on their way tom morw for sure

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom