gotta love my scovy's ;P

showjumper_girl2002

Songster
8 Years
Jun 20, 2011
Florida
so i was out in my yard spending some time with my two scovy's gizmo and waddles....

waddles

gizmo

i went to the shed to fill their feed and (as usual) they came running after me because they know i keep treats in there
lol.png
well i had to go across the street to my dad's to get some more cracked corn and wouldn't you know it they followed me all the way over there and back!
lol.png
they are like my dogs and come running when i go out to greet them and come when i call but i didn't expect them to follow me all the way over there and back! i thought it was so cute
big_smile.png
it sounds silly but it made me feel good that they are still that close to me even when they're all grown up
love.gif

How cute! That's why I love muscovies, they have such personality! Mine always must be fed first everyday because they will follow me all around until they get what they want! It's cute to me but when you turn around and have 15+ ducks staring at you it might be a bit creepy to the right person!
gig.gif

I wish mine would do this! Did you have yours since ducklings? I got my girl at 2 months old and she is terrified of me!
sad.png

i've had them since they were just out of their egg. i wanted them as pets and heard that they make the best pets if you get them as hatchlings so when my dad's hen layed eggs i went out everyday when it got close to hatch day and took them right after they hatched and spent hours every day with them, spoiled little things
lol.png
. i knew it was a good choice because they are so much more personable and like dogs than my dad's ducks. yours may not get this tame but if you work with them the older they get the less skitish i found with my dad's. the males seem easier than the females from my experience. females seem to be a lot more wary.

Back
Top Bottom