Governer Schwarznegger to kill dogs to save money - please write

Seeing as how people are starving, homeless, and lack medical care in this world...the amount of time unwanted animals are kept in a shelter is a little low on my list.

There are good animals in there, I'm not saying there aren't. There's too many animals out there that are taking up space in the shelter that will have no chance at finding a home. Why not remove them from the system (humanely) than allowing them to spend forever in a loud, hectic environment. This frees up room for pets that at least stand a chance at being adopted.

Kudos to you Governator!

I still don't get it. If CA's shelters are all donation funded, how does this save the state money?

If the state does run some shelters, they might save more by loosening up on adoption rules.

This is boardering on something we should not get into on this board.
emotions are to high.

ETA: The Gov has nixed the idea, it isnt going to happen.

Last edited:
Quote:
I didnt see where they were closing shelters, just modifying the holding time from 6 to 3 days. Its all about balancing and moderation. Cuts have been made everywhere, no one is immune. Its better than them saying as soon as the animals arrived they will be euthing them.

Its not all or none...its spreading the budget cuts. Everyone has to tighten their belts...everyone.

Back
Top Bottom