Gramcracker's coop.

Pics
One is hiding.

Attachments

• IMG_0542.JPG
    IMG_0542.JPG
    334.7 KB · Views: 12
WooHoo, Grats!....gonna be quiet in your house tonite!
Is there a window you can peek in to check on them?

Is red circle the west side of coop, why not covered by roof??<scratcheshead>

upload_2017-8-27_18-58-38.png

Didn't fit. So it has a treated 2x6 covering the edge of the roof. The run posts were off about 6 inches and there was not way to get the supports back out of the ground without heavy equipment-- so it was adapt. LOL -- Have said it was a bit crooked. At least it should be sturdy. Any seams will be sealed with exterior caulking to protect from any leaks before the metal roofing goes on.

I can peak in the West window, climb up on a crate to look in the window over the clean out door, or open the pop door. So several options. They seem to really like being in a bigger space. They are out there just chattering to each other.

Ugg just found out it wasn't just the chicks who were getting stinky. My small freezer quit working that is behind where the brooder box was. Just opened it to get something out and discovered an awful mess. Not tackling that until tomorrow--trash day--too late in the day. No idea when it quit I haven't been into it for about a month.

Didn't fit. So it has a treated 2x6 covering the edge of the roof. The run posts were off about 6 inches and there was not way to get the supports back out of the ground without heavy equipment-- so it was adapt. LOL -- Have said it was a bit crooked. At least it should be sturdy. Any seams will be sealed with exterior caulking to protect from any leaks before the metal roofing goes on.

I can peak in the West window, climb up on a crate to look in the window over the clean out door, or open the pop door. So several options. They seem to really like being in a bigger space. They are out there just chattering to each other.

Ugg just found out it wasn't just the chicks who were getting stinky. My small freezer quit working that is behind where the brooder box was. Just opened it to get something out and discovered an awful mess. Not tackling that until tomorrow--trash day--too late in the day. No idea when it quit I haven't been into it for about a month.

what a smelly mess I am sorry

Jeria, it's looking great! I'm glad you are screening your ventilation gaps at the top of the coop (by the roof). I just recently had a big ole raccoon make it's way into one of my coops that way. It injured my rooster enough that he died the next day.:hit
Also, had a possum get into another coop, but didn't attack anyone. That coop had security screen in all but 1 place. That is of course, where the possum came in.

Back
Top Bottom