Gramcracker's coop.

Pics
I would have loved to see more visible progress on the coop today. Didn't work on it as much as I thought I would get to. More trim is up, the doors and window coverings are cut out and primed, and the hardware will wait for Monday as re-store was already closed when I went to see what they might have. I need to find some critter proof latches. The clean out door will be a simple one that I can hook a lock through as it will only be used occasionally.

I have re-vamped my run plans a bit as 8x8 is going to be easier to handle on my own rather than 8x10. The roof rafters are now drawn out on graph paper. I had been struggling with the roof framing design for several weeks. The run framing is also drafted, revised some as I have learned more from reading the trials of others have had putting on the hardware cloth. I just need to finalize a shopping list for tomorrow morning

Time to re-fill my wheelbarrow with the tools and extension cords that are in the backyard and haul them back inside for the night. It saves lots of trips in and out.
I use my Mule as sort of a rolling tool box and hardware storage.

Do you have anything, that you could put the plywood on, like a picnic table, to raise it up higher and lean it against the coop. Then you might be able to lift it up to the roof, from inside the coop.

When i was alone here building, i went over and met the neighbors. They were happy to help me get the walls in place while i nailed them. Two visits, we put up two walls at a time. Took less than half an hour. I will be sure to take them some eggs when the chickens start to produce.

When i was alone here building, i went over and met the neighbors. They were happy to help me get the walls in place while i nailed them. Two visits, we put up two walls at a time. Took less than half an hour. I will be sure to take them some eggs when the chickens start to produce.

that is a great idea I did 4 dozen for mine that helped

I make most of my own bread...but haven't lately, picky about my flour and have been too lazy to do the travel needed to get it. Store bought isn't as good, but nice to have some variety. Too hot to bake bread here with no AC anyway.

Are you familiar with King Arthur flour? Love it for making bread:)

Gary

I would have loved to see more visible progress on the coop today. Didn't work on it as much as I thought I would get to. More trim is up, the doors and window coverings are cut out and primed, and the hardware will wait for Monday as re-store was already closed when I went to see what they might have. I need to find some critter proof latches. The clean out door will be a simple one that I can hook a lock through as it will only be used occasionally.

I have re-vamped my run plans a bit as 8x8 is going to be easier to handle on my own rather than 8x10. The roof rafters are now drawn out on graph paper. I had been struggling with the roof framing design for several weeks. The run framing is also drafted, revised some as I have learned more from reading the trials of others have had putting on the hardware cloth. I just need to finalize a shopping list for tomorrow morning

Time to re-fill my wheelbarrow with the tools and extension cords that are in the backyard and haul them back inside for the night. It saves lots of trips in and out.
I would build your roof in place, rather then on the ground and lifting up(I think that was your plan?)

I use the wheel barrow and tractor cart to haul tools and other stuff all the time.
Fewer steps are often a good thing ;)

Back
Top Bottom