Grammar and spelling are a thing of the past!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I'm homeschooled, and I have to agree that it does help my spelling and punctuation, because I am WAY more focused in school, and pay attention to what I'm learning (Rather than passing notes).

cackydoodledoo, I LOVE "On Our Knees" (Well Toby Mac in general is awesome!).

Tanichca, sadly my cousin (Who has NO disabilities) types like that ALL the time! In fact, most of out conversations look just like that! The difference between her and I, is she goes to public school, while I am homeschooled (Huge difference!). She also always tries to say that public school is better, because then you have friends....... Wow (And I don't have friends!?).

Haha yes, I know most people talk like that. I love being homeschooled, I'm so much better prepared for life in the "real world." And friends? I have them by the dozens!!!! By the thousands!

I am homeschooled too!!! My parents have always taught me to spell and pronounce things correctly. I hate it when my BFFs send messages like this: hey (my name here), how r u?

Quote:
Haha yes, I know most people talk like that. I love being homeschooled, I'm so much better prepared for life in the "real world." And friends? I have them by the dozens!!!! By the thousands!

I am homeschooled too!!! My parents have always taught me to spell and pronounce things correctly. I hate it when my BFFs send messages like this: hey (my name here), how r u?

X2!!!

Quote:
I agree that this type of conversation can drive you nuts. My DD is the world's worst, but I have figured out that this is the modern language that teenagers text/type with. I forgot where I found it, but I have a printed list of the popular text abbreviations that kids are using today. Believe me, I have had to reference it several times when she has sent me a text message.

Quote:
We do?

I spell it realize. I have noticed the younger generation are spelling it realise

Last edited:
are you talking about me
sad.png
.....because if you are i'm sorry i just can't spell and i only start home-schooling a couple months back and i just starting and i really hate have to use those things AAA .... and ,,,, i rather these iiiii /// ??? '''' """ ** !!1!!

I'm in 7th grade, but, I get so fed up when people use too many abbreviations, I can understand the use of "u" as a texting abbreviation, but after that it's just ridiculous, I'm a grammar freak, even though I'm not that good at grammar, I at least try to be correct.

It is rather astonishing that many people today don't know basic grammar. I will admit, I am not the best speller in the world, but I do try to make sure that my spelling is correct, and I think that people should take the extra effort to do so as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom