Granny's gone and done it again

Granny Hatchet

Tastes like chicken
Premium Feather Member
Sep 26, 2013
madison Indiana
No, I did buy something online for myself though. Sand unloaded , truck unloaded, now just need to load the truck for the swap tomorrow. Taking a break and having a bite for lunch. Hubby said I told our neighbor the same stories I told them a couple of times before. My memory sucks.
What did you buy?

microchick

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Dec 31, 2014
NE Missouri
I once had the daughter of an elderly lady with Alzheimer's Disease approach me one evening at work. She was in tears, telling me that her mother had been diagnosed with AD and she had just read that there was a genetic link. She was distraught because she was having memory lapses, forgetting words, losing things, the usual stuff and was terrified that she had early Alzheimer's.

I asked her if she lost her keys a lot. I could see the mounting terror in her eyes as she told me yes. But you find them? I countered. She nodded. I continued. And when you find them, do you know what they are for? She nodded. Yes, yes I know they are used to start my car! She told me.

At that point I hugged her and told her she was fine. It's when you LOSE your keys, find them but CAN'T remember what they are for that means you are in trouble.

Poor dear was laughing and crying at the same time but every now and then I look at my car keys and ask myself 'Do you remember what these are for?'

Can't be too careful.

Granny Hatchet

Tastes like chicken
Premium Feather Member
Sep 26, 2013
madison Indiana
My son broke my heart today and I didnt know what to say to him. As soon as he woke up he came to me and said he didnt go to sleep til 4 am and why do these things keep happening to him? I said what things hun? He said he keeps getting things wrong with him one at a time. Last night he could sleep then he had bursitis, and he started naming off all his different ailments. He had Rabdomylitis seemingly out of the blue. crohns, diabetes autism ect....

CapricornFarm

Chicken addict
Premium Feather Member
Feb 1, 2010
Southern Virginia
I once had the daughter of an elderly lady with Alzheimer's Disease approach me one evening at work. She was in tears, telling me that her mother had been diagnosed with AD and she had just read that there was a genetic link. She was distraught because she was having memory lapses, forgetting words, losing things, the usual stuff and was terrified that she had early Alzheimer's.

I asked her if she lost her keys a lot. I could see the mounting terror in her eyes as she told me yes. But you find them? I countered. She nodded. I continued. And when you find them, do you know what they are for? She nodded. Yes, yes I know they are used to start my car! She told me.

At that point I hugged her and told her she was fine. It's when you LOSE your keys, find them but CAN'T remember what they are for that means you are in trouble.

Poor dear was laughing and crying at the same time but every now and then I look at my car keys and ask myself 'Do you remember what these are for?'

Can't be too careful.
I get scared because I have a thought, like I need to feed the rabbits tonight. And 15 minutes later I might not remember what I was trying to that night.

Top Bottom