Granny's gone and done it again

I have
When you first started out, did you use garden soil sold at stores or just the soil found on your land? Our ground in our garden is hard and rocky.
Wonderful fertile soil, I have for 40 years raked the pecan leaves from my yard into the garden & added chicken litter from my pens, I also compost kitchen scraps.

I have

Wonderful fertile soil, I have for 40 years raked the pecan leaves from my yard into the garden & added chicken litter from my pens, I also compost kitchen scraps.
Well, since you are so experienced and this is my first year planting into a garden bed or directly into the ground…do you recommend planting in garden beds with potting soil, or planting into the ground, but first adding bags of garden soil? And also, how do you prevent things from eating your crops.

if your ground is hard and rocky, you have to break it up and remove the rocks. Depending on what kind of dirt you end up with, you might have to add garden soil. We start seeds in the house because garden can't go in until Memorial Day around here. For next year, compost egg shells, coffee grinds, chicken litter to build up your soil. fences around garden

if your ground is hard and rocky, you have to break it up and remove the rocks. Depending on what kind of dirt you end up with, you might have to add garden soil. We start seeds in the house because garden can't go in until Memorial Day around here. For next year, compost egg shells, coffee grinds, chicken litter to build up your soil. fences around garden
Would putting fencing over the edge of the garden bed work as well?

Back
Top Bottom