Granny's gone and done it again

I refuse to pick favorites any more. It's the kiss of death around here. Checkers, the legbar that just died, was my favorite out of her group. I tried to un-favorite her after I noticed the trend, but no luck. The other 3 are doing fine.
It seems that in my flock, the least favorites die. Its not that I don't like them, they just aren't the friendliest or aren't my favorites in terms of personality and looks.

That makes a lot of sense. I'm used to thinking they are only white. I wonder if they used Orpingtons to get the buff. Her body shape looks very Orpy, but nothing else about her does.
From what I have read, they have Wyandotte, Leghorn, and Cochin blood. This was WAY down the line though, when they were first being created.

Oh I didn't notice the dogs! I know Kiki would freeze to death in the snow! She likes the frost, but won't go potty outside if it is raining hard or if the floors are slippery because of the frost.
Goose doesn't know cold - but Peach would go out at -40 and just hang out in a snowbank. She did not mind one bit.
I refuse to pick favorites any more. It's the kiss of death around here. Checkers, the legbar that just died, was my favorite out of her group. I tried to un-favorite her after I noticed the trend, but no luck. The other 3 are doing fine.
This is why I can't have speckled sussexes. They always end up as a favorite..and coyotes *suspected* always get em.
Hmm. So you posted this pic of this hog and now my feed is full of macho-looking men with high-powered rifles.
That escalated quickly.

1642383298019.png

With my crock pot, even at it's lowest setting, it still simmers which is too hot too drink. May could somehow fashion a way to suspend a water container over the simmering water and it wouldn't be so hot.
Maybe because you're in Texas? In our low temps, I don't think that would happen. :)

Back
Top Bottom