Granny's gone and done it again

The buff hen, Tulip, is a very interesting mix. Do you know what she is?

Our neighbor goes boar hunting. He makes sausages from the meat. Has to buy fat to add to make a decent sausage.
Boar hunting is very common in CA. The last dog my mom got was an unsocialized, very large Rhodesian Ridgeback that needed a home. It was either mom take her on or the dog was going to be used for boar hunting. Mom took her and Tasha turned out to be a good dog.
That's not Tulip, thats Grammy. The names are not in order, sorry about that. @NatJ suggested she was a Buff Chantecler. I am pretty sure she is one, after looking at pictures, but I will be breeding her this year.

Robert has been sleeping a LOT with this illness
Sleep is the best thing. I could sleep right now...

Instead I'm sitting here listening to my stomach growl over the sound of the chainsaw and the parakeets squabbling AND my ears are ringing like crazy. Going to make myself a salad so at least there will be a bit of peace.

That's not Tulip, thats Grammy. The names are not in order, sorry about that. @NatJ suggested she was a Buff Chantecler. I am pretty sure she is one, after looking at pictures, but I will be breeding her this year.
Don't tell the others, but Grammy is my favorite (out of the new chickens). I told myself not to choose favorites, but she is just so gorgeous!

they all look healthy. I guess the mites are gone.

That makes a lot of sense. I'm used to thinking they are only white. I wonder if they used Orpingtons to get the buff. Her body shape looks very Orpy, but nothing else about her does.

Don't tell the others, but Grammy is my favorite (out of the new chickens). I told myself not to choose favorites, but she is just so gorgeous!
I refuse to pick favorites any more. It's the kiss of death around here. Checkers, the legbar that just died, was my favorite out of her group. I tried to un-favorite her after I noticed the trend, but no luck. The other 3 are doing fine.

Back
Top Bottom