Granny's gone and done it again

I went back to a lawyer wanting to go ahead and let Austin be the owner of our home. He's already in the trust. But I thought it might be easier once I was gone that he was already the owner . The house has been paid for ..for quite a while now. This lawer let us know, that if he were to be..gifted this house now..he would have to pay taxes! And we're talking a lot on a home that's worth around 435. So, lawyer suggested to leave the trust as is. Said it won't be hard for him once I'm gone with this trust. He didn't charge me anything that day I went in to ask about it. Just asked that I leave a good remark on his site. This was the same place Scott and I had gone to get the trust and will done..but the lawyer we used wasn't there anymore. Got this guy. He did good for us. He read through the trust and all..making sure nothing..or no one could cause a problem the way it was worded. All was good.

so you have a trust and a will?
Yes. When Scott was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, we went in to get things settled. Like I said, the house was paid for. The biggest thing to worry about. All of the kids have a home, except Richard, our son with Spina Bifida..and Austin. The kids know that he's getting it. They're all saying that he and Bronwyn deserve it because of how much they helped while dad was alive, and now, they're taking care of me in a lot of ways.

Houses have gone up here big time the past year. California people are coming. They think our houses are cheap, even after they've gone up in price!
dont sound cheap to me. Mine is a mobil and they normally go down in price but this one hasnt yet. It has gone up

Houses have gone up here big time the past year. California people are coming. They think our houses are cheap, even after they've gone up in price!
Oh yeah, I heard about that. A few years ago, my parents wanted to move to Texas, but ended up staying. Houses in CA are going up too, especially farmland and large lots.

I hope so. Im getting really good at putting things off.
Worst case, it could go into probate and he would have no place to stay for months while it gets sorted out. The house may have to be sold to settle claims to other relatives. He might have to go live in a home or something. You don't want that.

Back
Top Bottom