Granny's gone and done it again

I know this but I always tell myself tomorrow I will get them harvested.... Why? Cause I have so much to do and barely any time for me.
Same here. I usually pick the peaches when they barely have any give when you gently press on them. I always figure that the wildlife will leave them alone until they are riper.

The funny thing is that we had a bumper crop of wild blackberries this year. Just beautiful fruit that I figured we would be beating the wildlife back to harvest. Nope. They didn't touch them. Not raccoon, deer or bird. We must have picked 8 pounds of blackberries that are in the freezer. I was planning on making syrup or baking a blackberry cobbler then I got sick in September and found out I had diverticulitis. Doctors proclamation...no fruit with seeds not under any circumstances. Well dang it. Now I have black berries in the freezer and no idea what to do with them. DH isn't that fond of them other than fresh picked so unless I can find a way to eliminate 100% of the seeds I'll probably wind up giving them to one of the neighbors.

Same here. I usually pick the peaches when they barely have any give when you gently press on them. I always figure that the wildlife will leave them alone until they are riper.

The funny thing is that we had a bumper crop of wild blackberries this year. Just beautiful fruit that I figured we would be beating the wildlife back to harvest. Nope. They didn't touch them. Not raccoon, deer or bird. We must have picked 8 pounds of blackberries that are in the freezer. I was planning on making syrup or baking a blackberry cobbler then I got sick in September and found out I had diverticulitis. Doctors proclamation...no fruit with seeds not under any circumstances. Well dang it. Now I have black berries in the freezer and no idea what to do with them. DH isn't that fond of them other than fresh picked so unless I can find a way to eliminate 100% of the seeds I'll probably wind up giving them to one of the neighbors.
That really stinks. I know a few people who have that and yeah not anything you mess with. BTW it includes tomatoes, cucumbers, and a host of things we don't think about that you can't eat

Make black berry Jelly. strain with cheese cloth to remove all of the seeds.

Morning All,

Coffee in hand, Drinking as I read and reply. Waiting on the minions to get up and get going. Have to set the live trap for the fox today. Once we get the fence done on the end lot I can run the electric wire.

Right now I am watching the sheep on the security camera. Think we will have lambs coming in March. A few may be earlier or they have triplets in there. Will do checks later this week.

Now I have to go wake the minions. They are supposed to be awake and dressed by 8 am every day. They are not and I have to be mean today.
I don’t want to milk once a day either

Good morning Grannyites! Hope everyone is healthy, happy and looing forward to spring!

I've been enjoying being lazy, mainly due to the fact that the weather here has been lousy and we have been stuck indoors. So I have been catching up on reading, doing some artwork and doing some baking along with just lying around on the sofa watching movies.

Now the weather is starting to settle down. We are seeing some temps in the high 40s and low 50s so the snow is melting and mud is happening but I've been able to get out and get my netting back up over the run so I can let the birds out. The good news is that I feel like doing projects and actually looking forward to being active again.

Hope y'all have a great Tuesday.
70 degrees here today. And no rain in sight.

Make black berry Jelly. strain with cheese cloth to remove all of the seeds.

That’s what I was going to say. The plan only changes a little bit. You can still make syrup.

We have them in Missouri also. There was one by our pond that I kept an eye on when it had fruit on it one year. Funny thing, one evening they were there, next morning gone with a bunch of deer prints around the tree. I sure hope they enjoyed them.
They used to eat all of the peaches off our trees in TN.

Back
Top Bottom