Granny's gone and done it again

send dh and sil and enjoy your time alone at home. I used to hate staying with mil.
LOL DH doesn't have the greatest of relationships with MiL either. Apparently, she only started doing christmas with him again when I moved down here....
It’s wonderful to meet you too @Granny Hatchet ♥️ my first Orp chicks were lavs and then I got hooked and decided to get black ones too. Yes ma’am…This is my current flock of 13 girls, minus the roo. He had passed away earlier this month due to heart failure unfortunately:View attachment 3336706
Small brood of lav Orpington’s and RIR/lav Orp mix from last year:
View attachment 3336714
Lav Orpington hens:
View attachment 3336718

I will try to get some better pics of my current boys tomorrow.
gorgeous birds!!!
You can only do what you can do.

We go to a restaurant for T'giving bc I can't handle the relatives at all. DH's brother has a huge shindig at his house with somewhere between 50 and a hundred of his wife's family and I just can't handle being around a crowd that size, especially since they are all strangers to me. I make no apologies to anybody for our choices. They know where we live and if they want to spend family time with us they can come see us any time. They don't. So Thanksgiving is for us and our kids.
Yikes, I couldn't handle that. Even the desert, where it's only a couple of families, I need some alone time. But...Goose does too, so it works ;)
Hi @Small Axe aka Amy. I'm Becky and I'm also from the mid west. I'm North East Missouri and have a flock of around 50 Egyptian Fayoumi, Black Breasted Red and Silver Duck Wing OEGB bantams and more Amish barnyard crosses than should be legal.

You have a beautiful flock of Orpingtons. Especially the lavs. Just gorgeous birds.

Guys, I consider myself blessed. I have my dear, precious husband all of our critters, our 29 acre park aka farm, and enough miles between us and family to be blissfully happy....in fact I'd be even happier if there was about 200 more miles between them and us. :ya:clap
LOL I guess my hubs is the lucky one. My family is all up in Ontario (Canada), we're in California....so it's a bit of a trek to see mine.
you save gas by going slow? I didnt know that. Its Roberts toe thats infected. Dr. looked at it today. Said to soak it and use triple antibiotic on it.
Yep, like the tortoise and the hare, slow and steady. Easy on the brakes, easy on the acceleration. Be a granny driver.

1669856479354.png

I'm sorry, it's been a long day.

A stasis ulcer is one that is caused by poor circulation. Ulcers can also be caused by like what Cap said, uncontrolled diabetes. I've had diabetic patients with stasis ulcers.
his a1c was 10.1 He said he didnt injure it in any way

Back
Top Bottom