Granny's gone and done it again

she is back no money refunded. The contract said within 5 days.
That is an unethical rescue.
She got bad reviews for a reason.
What, you were 2 days over? Ridiculous.

IMO he didn’t fail, the rescue failed by placing that dog with him. It wasn’t a good dog for a first time dog owner.
Agreed.

Puppy is to much work. Did you think Robert was up doing all he needed to do? A new dog is too much for you, IMO. A puppy you need to take out every hour during the day. If it is Robert’s dog the crate needs to be in his room. He is yo go everything for it. Plus you would need to take it to obedience class for at least the first year. The puppy needs to be socialized.
theres nothing like that around here. People get a dog, throw it outside and hope for the best. I think Robert did well and yes he could of done a little more.

theres nothing like that around here. People get a dog, throw it outside and hope for the best. I think Robert did well and yes he could of done a little more.
Granny....this is going to come from a place of love but...I gotta tough love you for a second.

I don't shive a git what "people do" around you. Robert wants a dog, and Robert wants a bigger dog...he has to do BETTER than "throw it outside and hope for the best" in your household. Tom wouldn't fare too well against an excitable crazed big puppers, and that pup could do damage to you as well.

There will be a settling in period...no matter what. BUT...the end goal MUST BE to have a well mannered, trained dog in your household.

There may be nothing like that around here, *BUT* there's lots of online resources (youtube etc) on training and socializing. There are trips you can do that are dog friendly (most home depots, tractor supply/pet stores are pet friendly, if in doubt, call or contact in advance to be sure).

Granny....this is going to come from a place of love but...I gotta tough love you for a second.

I don't shive a git what "people do" around you. Robert wants a dog, and Robert wants a bigger dog...he has to do BETTER than "throw it outside and hope for the best" in your household. Tom wouldn't fare too well against an excitable crazed big puppers, and that pup could do damage to you as well.

There will be a settling in period...no matter what. BUT...the end goal MUST BE to have a well mannered, trained dog in your household.

There may be nothing like that around here, *BUT* there's lots of online resources (youtube etc) on training and socializing. There are trips you can do that are dog friendly (most home depots, tractor supply/pet stores are pet friendly, if in doubt, call or contact in advance to be sure).
we have been watching the training videos. I took this dog back for safety issues. They were fighting too bad. Both of them alpha dogs and then factor in the cats and it was too much.

we have been watching the training videos. I took this dog back for safety issues. They were fighting too bad. Both of them alpha dogs and then factor in the cats and it was too much.
Saying for if there is a next time...with a better rescue. Like has been said, this one failed the dog, and they failed you too.

I believe Robert did all the right things in the short time we had Jerri. 2 walks a day He taught her to sit, he fed watered seperated them and spent a lot of time with her. He was happy too. Til sunday when after yet another fight I told him it wasnt going to work out with her and I wonder if Bandit would like any dog at this point. Now Robert is back to his grumpy, fussing self. Thats what hurts me.

I believe Robert did all the right things in the short time we had Jerri. 2 walks a day He taught her to sit, he fed watered seperated them and spent a lot of time with her. He was happy too. Til sunday when after yet another fight I told him it wasnt going to work out with her and I wonder if Bandit would like any dog at this point. Now Robert is back to his grumpy, fussing self. Thats what hurts me.
:hugs

:hugs

Back
Top Bottom