Granny's gone and done it again

Can I ask how long the walks were? Should be at least 45 minutes. I know it is cold but I walk
mine in cold and rain. They need it. And so do I.

I don’t think it is your job to fix Robert. He has to learn how to be happy

They do act different but they still should have done it.
I didnt time it. maybe 20 mins.

Well, I think I'll be losing Buffy soon (my buff orpington). Not even sure how old she is...four or five I think. Maybe almost six? I'd need to look back through my memories or something. I had an app that I tracked my chickens through - but it became incompatible a few IOS's ago. She's been having trouble with all the cooler damp weather - thought it was chicken arthritis or something - she was moving like she was hurting a bit but I couldn't find any bumble or any other issues that would cause something like that. She's been in the nesting boxes not up on the roost for a while - but tonight I went down and she was on the floor. Not tonight, not with the rain. Where she was she would have been sleeping in damp gross muck. (yes, there are still water intrusions in the coop proper) Moved her back up to a nesting box - hopefully she can rest comfortably tonight. Poor ol girl.

Well, I think I'll be losing Buffy soon (my buff orpington). Not even sure how old she is...four or five I think. Maybe almost six? I'd need to look back through my memories or something. I had an app that I tracked my chickens through - but it became incompatible a few IOS's ago. She's been having trouble with all the cooler damp weather - thought it was chicken arthritis or something - she was moving like she was hurting a bit but I couldn't find any bumble or any other issues that would cause something like that. She's been in the nesting boxes not up on the roost for a while - but tonight I went down and she was on the floor. Not tonight, not with the rain. Where she was she would have been sleeping in damp gross muck. (yes, there are still water intrusions in the coop proper) Moved her back up to a nesting box - hopefully she can rest comfortably tonight. Poor ol girl.
My BO (Peach) is 11yrs. She is heavy and slow with arthritis and couldn't make the jumps needed to get to her favorite roost. My hubs (a prince in disguise) put extra bricks and 2×4 steps all around the coop and run to make it doable for Peach. She's doing great now and has even laid some eggs the past couple months, over half dozen. Pretty good for an old girl.
Monkey, my first EE, is the same age, also laying a few eggs, and doing great. She is a heavy big EE, but still gets around pretty good.
I hope Buffy gets better. They sure are sweet hens.

My BO (Peach) is 11yrs. She is heavy and slow with arthritis and couldn't make the jumps needed to get to her favorite roost. My hubs (a prince in disguise) put extra bricks and 2×4 steps all around the coop and run to make it doable for Peach. She's doing great now and has even laid some eggs the past couple months, over half dozen. Pretty good for an old girl.
Monkey, my first EE, is the same age, also laying a few eggs, and doing great. She is a heavy big EE, but still gets around pretty good.
I hope Buffy gets better. They sure are sweet hens.
That is a grand old age. :love

A hen named Peanut, from Michigan, USA, is now confirmed to be the world’s oldest living chicken, over two decades after surviving a brush with death when she was abandoned by her mother.

Born in the spring of 2002, Peanut is at least 20 years 304 days old as of 1 March 2023.

A hen named Peanut, from Michigan, USA, is now confirmed to be the world’s oldest living chicken, over two decades after surviving a brush with death when she was abandoned by her mother.

Born in the spring of 2002, Peanut is at least 20 years 304 days old as of 1 March 2023.
That's amazing!

Back
Top Bottom