grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Newfie, thank you I just write whatever comes spilling out my mouth. there is no filter between my brain and fingers.

Danna, I am glad you are here too , All of you.

Ol mare, I just dont know what to say. you are looking for intelligent answers I can help you look. [​IMG] The weather was beautiful today ! I think its supposed to be like this for the 5 day.

I lose arguments to myself too.

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    So, question of the day -- how long do crickets live? There is a cricket *somewhere* in the master bathroom - the best part, it is nowhere that is actually accessible. We have it narrowed down to being down in the vent or possibly somehow under the garden tub -- either way, he is in a location with some great acoustics because his little song is getting some great carriage [​IMG] Not only that, but of course it is attracting the attention of the house cat so we have the singing cricket *and* the cat trying to get to it. And DH wonders why I seem to prefer sleeping in the recliner in the living room [​IMG]

3. Suzierd

Suzierd Overrun With Chickens

Aug 8, 2011
    Oregon

I was here at the beginning! :weee :celebrate

I have a question what is it called when your chicken has a nasty leaky butt with a sore looking vent. I know what it is but I can't think of it for the life of me right now.

1 person likes this.
  4. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Not sure which is worse - losing an argument to yourself or to a cat (or chicken) [​IMG]

Had to laugh tonight - I had posted a picture the other night to facebook of how "scared" the chickens are of the outdoor cats, tonight they really did it. About half the flock was up in the yard (begging DH to toss some scratch - he is trying to buy their love) and Jackie (cat) popped up with a freshly caught mouse in her mouth. She was so worried about making sure Mojo and Salem (her brothers) didn't steal her catch that she forgot about the chickens - next thing you know one of them walked right up to her and stole that mouse out from under her nose, ran off with it and a game of chicken keep-away ensued until she managed to get it in position to swallow whole (that blew DH's mind). Poor cat never knew what hit her.

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Best Answer: Me personally I would take a different approach to the cricket. I do consider them worthy of living in my home not in my bed or in my kitchen but I like the idea of saving the creature with a little folklore with it. With the economy as it is today, maybe you could use some luck like the rest of the country.
    GOOD LUCK!

Crickets are said to foretell good luck. Their songs are said to bring blessings to all that are lucky enough to hear them. In many parts of the world, a cricket found in the house will be treated with respect. Often, they are placed in small cages made especially for them, given food and water, and hopefully able to live a long life, as the longer they live, the more good luck they bring. Others say to leave them as they are, and if they stay, it means large amounts of money will come to the owners of the dwelling.
    http://www.essortment.com/all/cricketins...

Genesis 1:26
    And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them ***have dominion*** over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over ***every creeping thing that creeps** on the earth.**

6. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Are you thinking about vent gleet?

7. Ol Grey Mare

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Well, in that case....................... [​IMG]

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Yes mam you were ! and its called an old sore @ss.

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    LOL 3 months But you have to ask the cricet how old he is. His name is Jimminy

10. Suzierd

Suzierd Overrun With Chickens

Aug 8, 2011
    Oregon

Yes! Thank you!
    Crickets life span no longer then three months. I love the sound of crickets [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by