grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Yes North Dakota has a very strong , and large cattlemen's @ss. (both the abbreviated and other type) Seriously you can't even abreivate association without BYC nanny patrol blanking out the word.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  2. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Figures. [​IMG] Money talks. Sadly.

3. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

The food at the hospital in Greenwwood SC is actually very good. Mike doesn't even complain when he is on a special diet. They even have a menu that the patients can study then call the Dietician and order what they want.

4. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    The seller will have to get the cows vet tested with accompianing paperwork claiming they are bred. The bull is registered so just he tirc test I think a lot of this is because of madcow and cattle ranching is very big in North Dakota. I believe there is even a $2.00 per head "check off" fee for every animal sold thru a livestock ring all that money goes to the cattlemen's association as well.

He had posted that 1 was bred but he also posted he wasn't interested in breaking up the herd. So not sure where we are at.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  5. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Even WV & VA have a fee for all bovines sold through auction for a Cattleman's @ss. ( I love that abbreviation! )

1 person likes this.
  6. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    I tend to go around or bend the rules if I don't agree with them. BUT with my GOOD NEIGHBOR I have to make sure every i is dotted and t crossed. Because sure as crap stinks he's gonna turn me in for having yaks.

7. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    LOL I just noticed that you can't give yourself an ovation. It makes a person wonder if they (byc) had a lot of problems with people doing that so there isn't the option. [​IMG]

8. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    The good news about all this with the state is at least yaks are considered cattle and not exotic animals/pets. There are even more hoops to jump through with bison.

9. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Lol Linda they sure do, my 2 white ones were a muddy drenched mess. I toweled them off and put them in the coop to dry. Please let us know your results when you hear. I know there is a lot of us praying for you.

Another thing I thought about after I posted to granny about Lily. Is that she has young grandkids that come over. One being a toddler, very scary thought of them both in a room together. Yikes :oops:

10. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Twist you sound like my hubby. Build first, pay fines later :lau Not that he isn't a very good builder. He doesn't just throw up junk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by