grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    your poor arm.... [​IMG] stupid hospitals

there is a state somewhere, I never remember where that has a steady temp of 70 ? all year long.

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Ugh - good news, I'm posting from my nice comfy recliner which means I am NOT at my desk in the office.........bad news, I'm here because I went to bed at 11 and woke up at 1 with a HORRIBLE tooth ache, got NO rest and by the time the boys started to stir for the day I knew I wasn't going to to work. DH took DS to school for me and I begrudgingly called the dentist, appt at 2. I hate, hate, HATE - as in horrible fear hate - the dentist....which is why it has to get this bad before I go (I know, I know -- go sooner and it doesn't get that bad, but knowing and being able to make yourself do it are two different things). Funniest part is, I have one tooth that is visibly bad - needs a root canal bad (but I don't happen to have an extra $600 in my pocket for that just yet - and that's with insurance!), but that isn't the one that's causing all the pain - go figure. I'm seriously tempted to just have them take the bad looking tooth out vs. the root canal, but it is towards the front and would leave me looking a little funny........

3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    I tell DH I am missing a "girl gene" - on the upside, this also means I am not obsessed with buying ridiculous numbers of shoes, purses, clothes, etc -- so that's a win for DH, right?

4. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    I used to wear dresses and hose and makeup and jewelry and even perfume. That was when I worked in public. I still wear dresses to church. I am still a tomboy. Lol

5. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    same here, we cant be girly girls and clean chicken butt. LOL I have someone on the way over to interview for Robert. I hope they mesh !

6. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Grey Mare, I feel that way about going to the doctor. Dentist is okay for me. Took my son for a check up so he could play sports. Healthy young man, needed 2 immunizations, no other issues. We just got the bill for $735.33! No joke. We used to be able to afford health care, but I don't know now. Deductible is high, so we pay full cost out of pocket.

7. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Sorry about that Twist, you are 3 hours difference from me lol

8. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Lol Mare that leaves more money for chickens (big grin).

1 person likes this.
  9. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    I'm right there will you ladies, years ago when I was younger I did the dress up thing. At that time I was working in the general public though. Now I do the dress up thing only if its a wedding, funeral, church. The rest of the time I do the clean casual. When I'm home working, forget all the rules. Men's big T-shirt, shorts, chicken boots & hat are my attire.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  10. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    You betcha Newfie, how are you feeling today?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by