grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    aww, you guys are so sweet. thank you ![​IMG] Except twist. he is a brat ! Is that a cooking show he wants me to go on ? I dare someone to try and get me in the kitchen ! [​IMG] I never watched any on tv before and dont intend to. Did however used to play mumbly peg so not too bad with a knife.

Newfie ! I cant believe you are home. Its not true they cant do anything with 100% blockage. they did Tom. From all I heard It is my opinion you were in a crap hospital.

2. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family

3. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    My soup is gone. I did give the legs and thighs back to where they came fro. LOL so the breast meat was all that went in but it was plenty. I started complaining before they had a chance too. Its too salty. To my surprise,Tom says, no its not, its good. And he ate 3 bowls ! My son sat at the table for a change and he ate 2 bowls ! [​IMG] Sitting there thinking what a wonderful meal and I asked Robert would you like more ? he replied ,"Only if you want me to become completely dehydrated ". [​IMG] DD and GS came over and I asked if they would like some . DD says, GS dont like chicken noodle. I said, well he likes mine . He ate 2 bowls. hahaaaaa

4. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Or do as I do granny. Grab them by there feet, cinch a piece of binder twine around its ankles and hang it on the nail on the apple tree. When its done thrashing, take a knife and slice its head off. Let it hang until the blood stops running. I skin mine so I don't take out its inards.

5. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

:weee

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I have never met so many people that I like right off the bat. Thats not an easy thing to do. I have only met one person here I didnt care for. seems like we all get along like we have been friends all our lives.

1 person likes this.
  7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    you have to take the innerds out . no matter if they are skinned or plucked. I skinned the last 2 i did because they didnt seem to want to be plucked. what that member said about a scent gland , I didnt know that either but i cut the whole butt off in a wide circle. ohh, I just remembered something. when I cut the tail off on one of them i nicked the intestines. and poop was spreading all over . I kept hosing it off.

8. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Looks like pork-n-beans, sauted mushrooms, fried spam & some questionable black looking stuff lol

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    that black stuff is some kind of blood.

10. ChickenLady2014

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    uh oh, that could be your stench. I've always heard that leaking intestines ruins the meat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by