grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    So glad you made it home Newfie, sorry to hear your critters needed some extra attention. I've found if I have to go out of town even 2 days my birds & coop are a disaster. I'm sorta particular about my coops.

2. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    well she does call it the torture chamber and claims she hates cooking. Anne Burell could teach her things not knife work I suspect Granny is quite good with a knife.

3. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Maybe pictures of your yaks?????

What are you getting yaks for? Gonna eat them????

4. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    See what happens - go to work and miss all the good stuff around here, that settles it, I need to quit my job and stay home so I can be on BYC all day long.............

5. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    if I get them I certainly will do. Sell them or breed/raise them only the boy's are gonna get eaten, and the nasty mean ones sort of like chickens.

WELCOME HOME NEWFIE>>>[​IMG][​IMG] Now you can read the posts and snort/scream/giggle/laugh/ or curse to your hearts content with out passersby thinking your having seizures.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    only reason I have been on most of the day is because I am doing laundry even though with my type of hearing loss I can't hear the buzzers of either the washer or dryer which are maybe 15 feet away.

7. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Twisted I kept the door closed. I don't think anyone would have heard me anyway it was so noisy. Lol

I have hearing loss too. I can't hear my kids asking for money. Lol

Wish there were emoticons on my phone.

8. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    So I have lost/died 2 hens this week one was an old (3 years or better) brahma. But the other was a SLW just over 1 year was a little subdued in morning and then afternoon stood in doorway to coop and literially did the frenzy chicken dance and dropped over dead. I expect the old girls to go But the slw not sure wondering if she found a couple bee's that we had sprayed with raid (few days before we put the hens in) They have been in the new coop for well over a week and would that cause her to die???

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  9. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    me either but man can I hear the words free!!!!!

I have what they call an acoustic notch. have had for most of my life. maybe why I hate loud gatherings. Closed captioning tv is a god send

10. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    I have the opposite issue with hearing - I have annoyingly good hearing which means that every little noise catches my ear (and thus my attention)...........DH and DS have selective hearing, lol. Now, Jethro (my mutt) has this interesting condition in which his hearing is directly linked to his eyes - if he isn't looking at you he can't hear you, proven by the fact that when he wishes to ignore (pretend not to hear) you speaking to him he simply turns his head to the side and looks in a different direction.
    My great-grandfather's hearing, or lack thereof, is one of my favorite memories of the man --- he was quite elderly by the time I came along, and had hearing aids for both ears. I remember being fascinated by the noise they could make - and how when great-grandma would get onto him about something (it was always from the kitchen - he'd be sitting in his easy chair) he would reach up and turn the hearing aids off and smile..........

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by