grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    me too ! hahaaa

that pill sounds good. if it works for 3 months. that would be most of my summer.

2. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Well ladies & twist if your lurking. Going to call it a night, sweet dreams all!

3. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    I didn't have luck with the poultry dust either. Or the orange oil spray, or the DE. Once the infestation got going, I needed something stronger. That's why I risked the Frontline on the chickens.

I am itchy too. [​IMG]

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Lily is barking and running and snoring ! LOL so funny. she is loud too. wonder whos after her.

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    night Lisa, sweet dreams.

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    hahaa,, we caught fleas over the internet. wonder about nature ? Mint for mice. I have a small start of it.

7. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Lily is having nightmares about the liar. I always think they are chasing rabbits, or in Scooter's case, squirrels. He's spent months trying to catch that squirrel.

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    ya, I talked to him the other day to tell him I am planning on keeping her. He started about how good she was on leash, never bit. bla bla bla. I said I guess I should of named her sybil then. never heard any more. haha She jumped the back fence today. 4 ft.

9. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Long time ago, a farm cat caught a mouse, but she didn't eat it. That mouse was covered with engorged ticks. Poor little thing, better off dead.

I worked for a wildlife rehab during high school. We were working on a fawn that had been hit by a car, broken pelvis and probably bleeding internally. You could tell when she started dying because the fleas started pouring off her. Creepiest thing I ever saw. They just sprayed flea spray all over. I have heard that deer don't have as many nerve endings, so fleas and flies are not as annoying for them. Don't know if it's true, but sure hope so. There were A LOT of fleas, and according to the vet there, it was normal. [​IMG]

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    she has a sore just below her eye. It was a scab and i have been using antibiotic on it and that came off .now it is a red circle about the size of a quarter with no hair there. I think the cat got her but i cant figure why there wouldnt be any hair

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by