grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Granny ur dd lived about an hour or so away from me. Small world lol. Thanks for the links.

2. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Good morning to you wishing. You don't think granny would go out in the rain to get some chicks do you lol?

3. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Hahahaa! It's not the rain I worry about, it's her fording the flooded river, slashing through the snake infested jungle, and climbing halfway up the erupting volcano that worries me. Let nothing stand between a woman and her chickens! 100 years from now they'll still be telling stories of The Legend of Granny Hatchet.

3 people like this.
  4. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Lol I'm still trying to catch up on this tread. She really does need to write a book. I'd buy it.

1 person likes this.
  5. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Lol. She makes my day!

1 person likes this.
  6. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    You will need 5 cups of peeled and seeded zucchini either ground or grated. With what ever juice you get while grinding or grating it.

1/2 cup lemon juice

boil together for 10 minutes on rolling boil covered

Then add sugar (orginal recipe called for 5 cups and I am down to using 3 cups) to sweet for me otherwise.
    1 Large box of Jello... I think the berry flavors work the best

bring to rolling boil for 10 minutes I went uncovered for this step

jar with NEW lids and rings water bath for 5 minutes.

Reason for berry flavored is the zucchini (ground) still has quit a bit of texture to it. I did 1 batch black cherry (couldn't find blackberry) 2 of raspberry and 1 of strawberry with the "extras/leftovers from the other 3 batched added in.

Yield 7 to 9 1/2 pint jelly jars. Good on toast or anything else you would use jelly for.

If you don't like the texture you could try a "stick" blender before jarring the jelly.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  7. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    I got a picture of the bull His name is Porter 54 inches at the shoulder and 30 inch horn spread. [​IMG]

The one in the back with a white face is called a Trim as there is white. Porter is a Native or Black as he has a grey nose. All black with black nose is an Imperial. A Royal would be wither white and black or white and golden. The more white the more money it seems to go.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  8. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Wishing ! [​IMG] You made me cry. thank you guys. I am no author thats for sure. and without you guys egging me on, I wouldnt be climbing that mountain or crossing that river.
    I actually have some bad news, for me. My van is not drive-able . the brakes are gone says DH. the van is a piece of crap and he dont want to fix it. he wants to get the car running. I just cant see me getting in and out of that car. it sits very low. It will finish my foot. I have gone against him and contacted a friend that has a husband mech. if i cant afford to get it fixed not sure what i will do. cant haul hay in a buick.

9. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    You can also make homemade mincemeat for pies and cookies out of green tomatoes.

10. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

He is young isn't he?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by