grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hope everyone is having a good day :fl

How did the swop go? Hope it all went well?

On the colouring book note, I love it. Not done any for ages as Charlie is older now but we used to fight over the felt tip pens!!

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Im home !!! didnt think I was going to be able to go. car didnt start, couldnt find anyone to jump it. used a battery charger for my lawn mower ! little tiny thing but it did the trick ! got there about 9 and by 11 they were gone . I had one big rooster I thought was coming home with me but at the last min. he went too ! every single one ! made $180.00 and Met a very special woman that knows how to cook ! evn in a pinch she is awesome and I hope we get to hang out sometime. My mind wasnt all there today because i was so busy, I had 3 people surround my car before i could put it in park. almost afraid to get out . hahaaa
    Old mare, Thank you so much ! a beautiful cake Cant wait to dig in ![​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

Way to go granny :weee :ya :weee :ya

I'm so pleased for you that you managed to get there and that you have had a fab day and sold everything that you needed to. Sounds very busy being swamped before you even got parked!!

Enjoy the cake and I hope Robert has a lovely birthday tomorrow :thumbsup

4. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    thank you, I will tell him. we did great . I took all but 2 of the new babies and sold them and the cage they were in. hahaa

5. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    granny you did good..wish you could take pics i'd like to see the cake i know it was beautiful !!!

6. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    So glad you did well granny.

Now fess up. How many new ones did you bring home?

I funded my fist swap by selling blackberry bushes and the 2nd with egyptian walking onions. Had to pay all for everything last time. I didn't feel good and had nothing ready to sell. I want to start blackberries again this fall.

7. Yorkshire Coop

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

Oh wow that is a good clear out!! Did Ol Grey mare take anything or was she buying? Hope she had a fab day too.

Really wish we had things like the swops here. Garden is quiet again now, culled 5 young cockerels yesterday. I'm afraid three were the mother hens :hit
    I've put her and the one she has left back in with girls. Been a few scuffles but not too bad. Also my mother is back from Turkey now so her two hens and evil Stan have gone back home this morning so no boys at all now. Very very quiet!!

Good news on Harry, his new field companion arrived this morning so he now has a new buddy and is once again happy :yesss:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  8. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Is his new buddy a horse or did you get something else?

9. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    I can now confirm that Granny is just as Granny offline as she is online - it was SUCH a treat to meet not only her, but also her "chicken boy" today! Thank you, Granny, for allowing me the pleasure!!

I am kind of kicking myself for having not taken any birds, because I see now I would have cleared out any I did take - but on the flip side I didn't find anything that fit the bill for what I was looking for, so I'd have come out the other side short some birds and can't really afford that at the moment, so in the long-run it was a good thing. That said, I also now know that as soon as I do find the birds I want to add this year I can easily move some birds out of the flock as long as everything falls into place before the last swap of the year -- not sure, maybe they'll run a little later into the fall this year since they lost so much time this summer......

10. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    i'm glad you got to go and meet granny and her gs...i know you had a good time..there are no swaps around here that i know of..i couldn't part with any of mine but i sure could buy some..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by