grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

B

I feed FF. I normally ferment feed for 4 days but in the summer, I have to cut back to just 2 days or it starts getting rank.

I put a scoop of the fermented feed in the bucket then add fresh feed and water on top of it. Stir real good and let it sit.

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

When fermented feed starts stinking, you has e fermented it too long. just cut out one day of fermenting. Meaning you feed it be day sooner.

3. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Well i
    I've been just adding back to it what I take out. Do y'all just start over? The way I'm doing it stinks after a week or two. Maybe I should just start over each time?

4. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Morning all. Hope everyone's having a great day so far?

5. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    morning everyone not got me eyes open yet.
    I am mad at you all ![​IMG] who mentioned ring worm on lily ? a couple of you. I am treating chickens for worms, cocci, and mites ! the red ones ? I got as much poison on myself if not more then the chickens. Lily jumps on me and I am not strong enough to move her . I notice more circles on her front feet . under and past the pads. I ITCHED ALL NIGHT !!! No sleep for me. Now i know i dont have anything and i know ring worm is hard to catch, no matter , i still think i have all of them. even cocci ! [​IMG]

6. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Morning roost! I'm fighting Mr. "I can do it!" today. Exhibit A:

[​IMG]

My gardenias are making a last-ditch grasp at summer weather. I picked some for the kitchen. I'm missing the friends I visited last week, and sent them this picture of my breakfast:

[​IMG]

I haven't seen or heard my rooster this morning. :( But all the sussex girls are missing from the yard, so I hope they're just ranging out of sight. I'm going right now to check.

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG] cream cheese ? i wish those flowers would grow here. they smell so good. I planted a mock orange . old fashion kind and honeysuckle is going wild.

8. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    She posted it in the staff section to see what we all thought a "thought leader" was and nobody could come up with an answer. [​IMG]

We think it comes from some format of some other website and considered changing it to something "poultry" instead.

9. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I accidentally let out all four guineas. :hit

Think they'll be ok? Or are they going to leave forever? Should I try to catch them?

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG] that is hilarious !! So i was right, they dont know either. hahaa who writes this stuff ? No wonder she didnt answer me. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by