grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Thanks Yorkshire. Now I know what to look for.

2. Watermelon123

Watermelon123 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Northern Ohio,
    Just want to pop in and say hello!

I am trying to talk more on here but i am working! But i have 365 posts to read, and have to get a move on!. Talk to you guys later, i will try not to stalk more than talk. I promise you that

3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG] I am so mad at my kids right now. the woman that came over was to meet robert to see if he would hire her. she seemd like a nice person. he said her arms freaked him out ! she is fat. and my DD just tole me that she didnt think women should be allowed to vote ! *** ?

4. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Sorry Robert didn't like her granny. Your daughter my have said that looking at the hormonal side of that. Ok ladies (FIRE )

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  5. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    How you doing watermelon? Took me forever to catch up lol.

6. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    I've been so much less active lately I confess.

Blame work, plague, other stuff distracting me....

The nuggets are back on lock down after I noticed a little gouge out of Noodle Nugget...um just above the beak. I did have them all free ranging together since there was enough room (I thought) where they stayed out of each other's way. Nope.

Still waiting on eggs from Skinny Red, Egwene (cuckoo marans) and Sam (Amuricana) but as is I'm getting four eggs a day.

7. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    I'd go with silkies or a silkie mix. My black silkie is an excellent mom now. I have a white one setting now and a frizzle.

It gets hot here too. Silkies don't seem overly bothered. They go in the shade. They don't do cold as well as a bigger breed so you need a couple of them to snuggle together. We get anything from 100 to -10.

8. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I use small buckets, I empty the bucket into the feeders, except for about 2 cups of fermented feed. I dump the new feed in the bucket, add water and stir it well. The next day I empty the other bucket, all except 2 cups of fermented feeds, add fresh feed and water....... Repeat over and over day after day. So the feed only ferments as many days as I want it to.

9. Watermelon123

Watermelon123 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Northern Ohio,
    Roost, I am doing good. My rabbit, Smores, has somthing along the line of head tilt and has to have a varity of meds every day. Hoping he gets better and doesnt get any worse.

10. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Ear mites?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by