grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

By the way, the last couple of nights sounded like the Walton family going to bed!

Sorry I got everybody crying......

2. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    we have had a lot of rain too..it was damp and 48 when i woke up this am so i turned my heat on..felt good

3. campingshaws

campingshaws Flock Master

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

I spent a ton of money on a nuclear bone scan to tell me there were "degenerative changes" in the bones of my feet. I could hardly walk last winter. The doc didn't even call me in for a follow up; the nurse told me this over the phone. I asked "so what now?" thinking like supplements or something. She said "take Aleve for pain."

I took an intense round of vitamin d and that seemed to help. I had a significant deficiency and that affects calcium absorption, right? I think that's what I remember. Giving up the cutesie cardboard-soled shoes helped too. I think my worst probs came from walking on large gravel in cheap flats; I thought my heels were fractured, but no breaks on the scan. So must've been just bruised.

All of that to say: foot probs are no joke.

4. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    LOL

5. Dannachic

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    me too tippy..i snuggle under the covers and sleep like a baby

6. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    I loved the Waltons. I'll take the nice good night's here too, thank you!

7. Dannachic

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    [​IMG]

8. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing?

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA

9. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Since I'm so good at diarrhea of the mouth, yet have been around living life with it's challenges for a while, could I suggest we might consider it the dirty D word? Depression? Nothing we can "snap" ourselves out of? Sometimes it's seasonal, sometimes it's a lifetime struggle. When you've been working hard to stay out of a funk, find a happy place, life happens and bingo, your knees got knocked off. IMO, folks try so hard to be funny and liked, not offend, bury the frustration, but sometimes, just get upset! Don't want to gauge words to be sure they don't hurt feelings. IMHO, I'm a newbie talk-a-lot here, pretty clear that I'm a nuisance pest, but this is Granny's thread. She should be able to speak her mind. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by