grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
guess who came in #1 for the biggest mouth ? Twisted
lau.gif
Call me a big mouth again. Newfie your there too. hahaa

Camping i am glad Gentle Ben is willing to please.  can you maybe get a list of commands from his past owner ?

Come
Heel
Sit
Load up
Kennel

Not sure on his retrieve and release commands. The guy has asked about him every day, so DH just needs to remember to ask.

I'm working on: no, off, down, and stay.
"Off" for me is four paws on the ground. Works for furniture and jumping. "Down" for me is lay down. Makes me mad when my dog is on the furniture and someone shouts "down!" because then they just lay down on the furniture. :/

Tagged you, granny! I think I will make the trip if she can hold until the weekend. ...a bit too far to go during the work week. I'm already expected to be traveling for birds Saturday anyway add I warned dh I was going to a swap out in Salem, so he'll be none the wiser, lol.

Where is everybody? We just finished supper: ham cooked in brown sugar and honey and pineapple on top, and more brown sugar on top. Baked at 350 until the pineapple was starting to look candied, about an hour. No sides, because I can't always be on top of everything. :lol:

I was bragging to DH about how well Ben has done today when he squabbled over food with Jewel, then marked on the cabinets. Two steps forward, one step back. :/

Last edited:
Twist how far is it to the farm?
13 chicks made it thru the night outside in the brooder 5 more had hatched this morning all sexlinks 4 pullets and a cockeriel. 3 more peeping. 2 have shrink wrapped and one drowned. 21 more to go.

its about 32 miles. 1 way. Far enough away that we don't get crazies driving around. Other then me and the 2 who live on the farm.

He opened the food box (big Rubbermaid) this morning and had his whole head in.
lau.gif
so I went ahead and fed him. Then I had both sit and lay down for cookies. When I tell him to kennel he jumps on top of the cage. I have to wrestle him in.
hmm.png
I think "kennel" was his duck blind command?

Camping I know a lot of trainers who use "kennel up" to train their dogs to load into the truck. Actually that's what I use also. Also use it on my friend's occasionaly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom